is there a mod on? ban AvoisseArouse

Skib

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can help mod i have no life lol yeah we have been getting hit with spam alot latly not sure why but its kinda condesending posting male "enhancement " product advertisments up here just cause we drive little cars doesnt mean everything we have is little:lol:

I think too many mods turn a forum in hbz. Doesn't matter how many mods there are someone will always slip through anyway.

Just my .02

ya, to many mods gets to be a problem. The old saying, to many chiefs not enough indians...

On another forum, we had a spam problem. We setup a dummy question on the signup part, Asking if they were human or not, with a check box next to it. it seemed to be pretty effective

he had enough of his jibber jabber

ROTFLMMFAO! :lol::lol:

i dont think it would hurt to have another mod or two, i been here a while.. im a smart ass, but not to bad of a guy.. i'd be down to doit.. skibby would be a good mod to, plus he's on perfect hours for the late shift when everyone else is sleepin..

ofcourse we could always have a vote.. i'd vote skib..

ya, to many mods gets to be a problem. The old saying, to many chiefs not enough indians...

On another forum, we had a spam problem. We setup a dummy question on the signup part, Asking if they were human or not, with a check box next to it. it seemed to be pretty effective

Ya that's a good way to say it. There are like what? 40 people that post on here on a reg basis and 4 mods? 1 mod per 10 regulars is WAY more then enough. Other forums have like quadruple that ratio and do just fine.

The idea isn't to add more cops it's to remove the need for them. You can add a question like h2 suggested or a captcha to sign up or limit pm's/post rights to junior members, I've seen that on other forums. vBulletin has a lot of options this site just doesn't use that makes it mad easy for spammers. Throwing mods at it won't change that

ya vBulletin has some options to help fight spam, Z driver has some junior member restrictions that fight it pretty good.

The first 10 posts of new users are monitored for certain spam keywords. If you happen to use any of those keywords (WHICH INCLUDES ANY HTML, WEB ADDRESS, OR OFFSITE PICTURE), those words are weighed and your post will either need to be moderated for approval by an Admin, or it may be rejected all together. Once you have reached 10 posts, you can use links & offsite pictures.

No more Moderators. I think we have one too many. :)

Also, Icehouse and Thomas own the site not me. Don't blame me for there being too few mods in your opinion. I have not granted any mod or admin privlages to anyone on this forum so far.

Hoov will be the last one to be a mod on Zdriver or Ratsun! :D hahaha!

Hoov will be the last one to be a mod on Zdriver or Ratsun! :D hahaha!

:lol: hahahahaha :fu:

I think the ZDriver post policy (that I quoted above) would be good for spam fighting, just knock it down to 2 posts so new members can still post up pics (since we do demand it;)) fairly quickly

Edited by Skib