DSCN0483.jpg[/img]

DSCN1076.jpg[/img]

DSCN1082.jpg[/img]

DSCN1183.jpg[/img]

DSCN1185.jpg

DSCN1247.jpg[/img]

DSCN1248.jpg

DSCN1246.jpg[/img]

this 510 is my first project car so i been practicing my auto skills on it i built the ka24de my first engine for future turbo, know im working on some of the body this car keeps me from going insane

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys... the cars running low compression turbo pistons and stage 3 bc race cams with dual valve springs with the stock ecu so its not at its full potential it needs a stand alone engine manegment so it can be tuned plus with a fuel system upgrade and the turbo the motor will reall come alive, just been low on funds with this econome to finish the motor but it still pulls pretty hard.

Also food for though i been think in the back of my mind to 1. put the turbo in the trunk area or under the rear seat area for clarence and weight distribution.( like the sts corvett turbo kits) and 2. even more exotic cutting the car in hafe right down the center and welding in 3 inches or so, the car becomes wider, appear stock and with a mini tub allows for more tire while keeping most suspention geometry the same right? of course front grill n tail lights will need customizing n glass work but is it possible will it work ? ( note the last idea is just a thought i most likely will not try it )

Edited by sentra
2. even more exotic cutting the car in hafe right down the center and welding in 3 inches or so, the car becomes wider, appear stock and with a mini tub allows for more tire while keeping most suspention geometry the same right? of course front grill n tail lights will need customizing n glass work but is it possible will it work ? ( note the last idea is just a thought i most likely will not try it )

That car is way to nice to be cutting in half.:D However the idea is cool, and that would be a damn good time to make it all wheel drive too. Might as well.:D

I hope those aren't heim joints at the ends of the strut tower brace.

Why do you say that? Heim joints are a fine thing to use in this application.

Sentra, the car looks great. Very clean, keep up the good work.

Why do you say that? Heim joints are a fine thing to use in this application.

Sentra, the car looks great. Very clean, keep up the good work.

Heim joints kind of defeats the purpose of a strut tower brace, no? If the joints pivot, then whats the point?

And the car is looking great Sentra. I bet your itching to get it on the road!

Heim joints kind of defeats the purpose of a strut tower brace, no? If the joints pivot, then whats the point?

Not exactly, all of the forces from a strut tower brace will be longitudinal to the heim joint, not at all in a pivoting direction. Many strut tower braces have some kind of pivoting joint on either end, so his use of heim joints is good in this particular application.

Not exactly, all of the forces from a strut tower brace will be longitudinal to the heim joint, not at all in a pivoting direction. Many strut tower braces have some kind of pivoting joint on either end, so his use of heim joints is good in this particular application.

Ah, I see where you are coming from duke. I agree then, it is good for this use.

But there is some up and down movement, and still some movement when using heim joints that solid mounts would be far superior in eliminating. But then again his are attached to the firewall as well and I suppose in are 510's all this would be negligable since are chassis's are pretty stiff already.

Ah, I see where you are coming from duke. I agree then, it is good for this use.

But there is some up and down movement, and still some movement when using heim joints that solid mounts would be far superior in eliminating. But then again his are attached to the firewall as well and I suppose in are 510's all this would be negligable since are chassis's are pretty stiff already.

What movement? Chassis flex? The rod end acts as a solid mount here, the joint does nothing in this application but transfer load.

You do understand that heims are used in aircraft to move control surfaces and as static links for structural purposes. They are tested and load rated to be used in exactly this type of scenario.

I do not understand your thing with heims....:blink:

Nice dime BTW :cool:

thanks for the compliments guys...but im not tripping to much on the heime joint thing right now i got the idea from the rear strut bars on civics that iv seen that have heime joints. also you cant really see to much on the pics but i also plan on making (if it comes out right) a very very mild rear defuser and having it tie in to the accent pice i made at the bottom roll pan thinking of having small flat black fins that come up on ether side of the licence plate i think the evos has somthinge like that the pics below show it better but are still a rough stage.. think of a small flat black defuser/ belly pan wher the accent pice is i know it probably wont be functional but should look sweet so i still have alot of work on the rear

DSCN1187.jpg[/img]

DSCN1194.jpg[/img]

Edited by sentra