to cut or roll????

JDM510

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about the front or rear? The front seem to roll very nicely, but if you are trying to tuck a decent size tire in the rear it gets pretty tight with the inner sheet metal....I still vote for roll but you might have to get creative in the rear...btw a couple of guys have cut the inner metal out of the rear and replaced it with a piece that arches up higher.///

My vote is to roll, the inner fender is a bitch though. I'm going to try and just slightly cut the inner fender on my car. The mini tube is a bitch of a job which I don't want to do again. I will post pics in my project tread when I get it done.

sorry im talking about the rear

and yeah im almost dead set on rolling them... however i been looking at my uncles car and noticed they made cuts like every 3 or 4 inches like lil pie cuts so that the fenders would not warp i guess??? im thinking about trying this only thing i worry about its if the cut decides to grow up the fender that would SUCK!!!!!

and to ice house yeah on my last 510 i cut that iner support out then just filled the huge ass hole with home depot expending foam... they did the same thing on my very first 510 with bre flares.. i will prolly end up having to cut that out on this one as well

will get some pics up of the process asap

so yeah to make a long story short the reason why I don't have a great build thread or all this info for you guys is I have a really crappy computer sometimes I write a whole post then I push something and it says page expired then everything is deleted its really frustrating so please bare with me guys.. plus im the typ of guy that gets into something and i always forget to take important pics soo bare with me their also

so yeah on with what i did i grew a set of balls and went out with the heat gun and rolled them with a old shovel handle end did it with the skinny side first the the fat side last came out perfect!!!!

about my car i used to have the primer 510 in my avatar but i traded it for my s13 built that up for about a year and a half and the decided i wanted a 510 so i traded my s13 minus about 2k worth of parts off it for this this clean beauty!!!! the kid i got it from posted it on here and few other known sites. he got it from the OG owners and never put it in his name nor did much to the car for that matter so now its in my name and im pretty much the second owner on it. I have an OG TITLE FROM 1976 smog cert from 1973. full documentation threw the OG 47k. It's been cleaning UP extremely well it has the OG paint on it EVERYTHING IS OG ON IT I MEAN everything!!!! down to the factory wire harness in the engine bay was never tampered with removed spiced NOTHING!!

its a 1971 510 2dr auto has the stock matching numbers L16 with 47k og miles no bull!!!!! despite the minor dents its very strait and SUPPER complete!!! i plan on just cleaning the shit out of it leaving the stock paint and dents (Ratsun Style) buffing the shit out of it leave everything stock for the exception of dropping it on its nose and my dr20 wheels i saved for 3 cars already lol

i will post the pics i have from the sale just so i don't tease you and you get and idea of what we are working with but this shitty computer and don't upload pics as well as being a pile of shit on many other levels so I will have to wait till latter today to post whatever updated pics I may have for you to see so far in the build OF WINK'S NEW JDM510!!! :fu:

yetyetrer.jpg

bhdffhgd.jpg

dfsfdfsdf.jpg

etwetwet.jpg

wetwtw.jpg

ewrtwetwet.jpg

510rear.jpg

teewtwete.jpg

510side.jpg

qwrqwrr.jpg

asdsad.jpg

he started to wax it added those rims and the grille witch i did not prefer but i kept the supper rare MINT NOS SSS badge

adsasdasd.jpg

asdasffsd.jpg

twetwet.jpg

ewetwetwet.jpg

after her 10 hour trailer ride to my house :)

chriscampics071.jpg

chriscampics072.jpg

the guy that basically was just the middle man in this deal

chriscampics073.jpg

how the silvia looked when she left

chriscampics067.jpg

chriscampics068.jpg

Straight to cleaning

chriscampics074.jpg

chriscampics075.jpg

chriscampics076.jpg

chriscampics077.jpg

chriscampics078.jpg

chriscampics078.jpg

chriscampics081.jpg

Edited by JDM510

dude trust me its above all that this comp sucks!!!!! i will take a pic and you will say OMG that thing can still go online!!!!

more pics

chriscampics084.jpg

chriscampics085.jpg

chriscampics080.jpg

chriscampics082.jpg

chriscampics086.jpg

chriscampics088.jpg

chriscampics089.jpg

chriscampics089.jpg

chriscampics091.jpg

chriscampics093.jpg

chriscampics096.jpg

chriscampics094.jpg

chriscampics095.jpg

chriscampics098.jpg

chriscampics099.jpg

chriscampics102.jpg

chriscampics104.jpg

chriscampics103.jpg

chriscampics105.jpg

chriscampics106.jpg

chriscampics107.jpg

chriscampics108.jpg

chriscampics109.jpg

chriscampics110.jpg

chriscampics111.jpg

waiting for the weld on coil over kit its just sitting on the bumps wish i could drive like this

chriscampics114.jpg

chriscampics115.jpg

chriscampics116.jpg

chriscampics117.jpg

chriscampics118.jpg

Edited by JDM510
  • 1 year later...