510 getting the nasty RB26dett

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am mike and I am the new owner of the rb26 510 that mark walker built. It is truly an honor to even be in possession of such a machine that has been built by a great builder. As you all know the project has not been fully completed and I am prepared to finish the job correctly. We have come up with the conclusion that the number 6 cylinder wall has a score in it creating crankcase pressure and letting oil blow by the rings. So now the plan is to tear it all down, bore,(maybe stroke:), port, polish, and reassemble with forged internals. Not planning on going too huge for a turbo as there is not much in the way of room, so probably a little larger set of twins to keep the spool up quick. Anyway I will be keeping everybody filled in on the build. You WILL see this car finished and it WILL be a crazy machine:lol:

Good to meet you boss. Glad that this car is in the hands of someone that will do good by Marks work. Will this ride make it to the Canby event?

-Brian

I wish I could say that it would be that soon of a turnover, however it's going to be a bit spendy to get this thing in good reliable condition. Just worked 8 straight months finshing my gtir pulsar(which turned out to be a monster!) and next promised the wife I would do up her 99 g20 right. So after that its datsun time, dont worry I'll take lots of pics:)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thread revival! I demand update noaw! This was mentioned on some retared forum about how rb26 swaps were easy and common... In what forza?! So far this is the first I've seen near successful or really attempted for that matter. I wouldn't consider it a swap so much considering the only stock part left is basically the overall shape of the car. Maybe there is a new thread? Better go search lol

• 3 weeks later...