My new toy truck

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally getting to the front disc swap. I have discs, calipers and spindles from a 78 Hilux. Put new upper and lower ball joints and new outer tie rod ends. Sorry, no fancy caliper paint. :D

Can't wait to get the brakes bled and see how much better she handles.

DSCF7909.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got the front disc swap done and man does it ever make a difference. About an inch of pedal is all it takes to stop. No directional pulling either. I think it widened the front track a little as well. Rubbing on the fender lip up driveways (hadn't happened before). Took it to an all makes car show this past weekend. people don't know what to think of it. :lol:

DSCF7958.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

That thing is cool, Carlos. Tons of potential.

I suppose I should break the news now. :crying: My beloved creation is on its way to SoCal to a great home.

greengoon: If you find yourself pondering what to do with the truck and decided to sell it...I have first dibs remember?? BRE510 and I will parade it here in CA. biggrin.gif

I know it will be well loved and I'm sure I will see it on the internet and in person when I come down to JCCS.

DSCF8176.jpg

All this right when the Depth of Speed video came out. I know you will enjoy it SeisVente... Ratsuners and I will need updates!

http://depthofspeed....wagon-heritage/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...