• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, ggzilla said:

ABLVV85ayp4KN7xxnvyT9trzL5tbJIdO_ic8m_IV

I was here one day, gone to Maui the next ten years. Now back in Seattle

I was thinking about that meet at XXX Drive-in. It was a cold damp day. Freezing. But lots of good Datsuns there. Today I learned that XXX has just gone out of business. Went to one other meet there, it was "Orphan Car Show". One gal brought an Auburn straight-eight, a beautiful pre-war car. Also there were Pontiacs, Datsuns, and other orphan cars ... 

I saved the photos above, but my own photos of that day are stuck on a USB backup drive which I dropped a few years ago. They are still there but the drive will longer mount. Have 20,000 photos of Datsuns and Datsun parts. Many are also on photobucket but that is another fiasco

Here's one I took. I like that 620 and the BRE-striped 510. That's my white 1200 in the middle

14296.jpg

You've been gone for 10 years!  Wow!  Getting another datto? 

• Like 1

Thanks! I suppose if the right Datsun comes along ... there were few Datsuns on Maui, or few vintage cars of any kind. But the Toyoda was strong there

Regarding those lost photos of the XXX Meet, I've put them into an album at Flicker: 2007 XXX Drive-in Datsun Meet

If anyone has more photos, let me know. I can add them. The meets are one of the things I missed the most

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...
On 1/10/2024 at 5:20 PM, ggzilla said:

Thanks! I suppose if the right Datsun comes along ... there were few Datsuns on Maui, or few vintage cars of any kind. But the Toyoda was strong there

Regarding those lost photos of the XXX Meet, I've put them into an album at Flicker: 2007 XXX Drive-in Datsun Meet

If anyone has more photos, let me know. I can add them. The meets are one of the things I missed the most

I was here one day, gone to Maui the next ten years. Now back in Seattle

welcome back 

I heard the interwebs work in MAUI too 🤣