My SR 520 build

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This truck IS SO FREAKIN BAD ASS!!! Hot damn man! Please take a vid of the first fire-up!

This has been one of the fastest moving projects I have seen and I don't think I've seen a turbo SR in any datsun (let alone a 520), just a straight sr.

I am guessing no bumper in it's future? I;d rather it not have one. Looks so mean! Saddly here MA I don't think the inpection gorillas would let me get away without one. Are you going to run high/low headlights in the single buckets?

I'm almost there got the belt for the alt and all power is ready for the start up. The headlights are pretty bright before I plucked the old big block those lights I could see down my street. If not my buddy has some hid's I can have.

Thanks!

Edited by sycloned916
  • 2 weeks later...

Fired it up today sounds good for the little time it run,had to turn it off no radiator yet. Should be getting that soon. Other than that it starts fine I'll try to take a vid and put it up. Inside the cab is so vibraty but I don't mind it it's not a BMW. Got the driveline made you yesterday. The stock tranny yoke fit on the SR tranny so they used my old one and just use new tube they went alittle thicker. Thanks to Phil for getting my misc alum parts welded up so I could start it.Thanks! Next going to go through the whole truck and check every nut and bolt. I still have to figure out how and where to run the MAF. I ordered a 180 degree pipe so it can run it back by the turbo,will see. Soon as I can and figure out how I'll get a vid up and some pic's.

Motor came from Japan some importer?? Out of an 240sx I would think.

My pipe came just now, the engine bay has no room really so I figure an 180 back by the fire wall and it will still get air from the hood vent. Nothing's made yet but I'll take some pic and see what the world thinks.

Here's a video of it starting up, still have to figure out the MAF piping,might just run it towards the back 180 it to the clutch master.Engine bay is so small not too much room to go straight,I dont really think a few curves will make that much of a difference. I'll probly order the radiator sometime this week need to take a few measurements to make sure it will clear the crank pulley.

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q94/Butter_B1979/?action=view&current=MOV00013.flv

DSC00016.jpg

Fired it up today sounds good for the little time it run,had to turn it off no radiator yet.

Congrats Man!!!!! Really. That is the first SR I have ever heard actually running in a 520. A serious accomplishment!

Congrats Man!!!!! Really. That is the first SR I have ever heard actually running in a 520. A serious accomplishment!

Thanks!

Just ordered a Griffin 24"x16" chevy style radiator should be more than enough for it being 3" thick. Will be here thursday.

Clutch slave was leaking a bit so gonna pick up a new one tonite.

Trying to see if i can get it ready for the meet in a few weeks.

well i just made ur intake tubing go further i just gave the last of it to Butcherboy so he can make his intake a little longer ... and maybe his ka will idle.....

Good to see it being used,I would have just trashed it. Make sure it's 12" long and keep it straight as possible!:lol:

Where did you find the billet grille or did you have it made? I like that style! I am building a Z20ET for my 521 and have about a week to go b4 I can drive it! We should start a turbo club...lol!

Grill i made from a 2004 ford f-150. My buddy had it sitting at his shop and gave it to me so i put it to use and made it fit the front of mine and it worked.The old grill looked too plain.

Your truck looks bad ass too, I wanted to run the piping like you did,to keep it stock looking under the front valance but got lazy.

Should I might just have too up here. But then again there are probly a million of them.

HOLY BOSO !!!:eek: this thing is one of my favorite freakish builds! you are going to scare people on the road with that atmo-blow-off! great stuff! I wanna see it go sideways!!

Thanks.

Radiator will be here tomorrow,but I had to order a clutch master from my favorite place to order parts Summit. Went with a Wilwood one 3/4in bore,that will be here Friday and them it should be ready to hit the streets.

I'll get another vid up the one I put up I did it fast I've been sick so haven't been doing too much.