My SR 520 build

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The hood came out pretty good.Thanks!

Most of my stuff will be here mid week,turbo,alt and afew other little things. I also got some disc brake brackets off Bacardi_DWB Thanks.Can't wait till they get here. Just need to get a battery cable made and the wiring is good.Then i'll start finishing up all the front stuff.

build looks like its going great! Personally I dont like the idea of having to pull the entire motor to change a clutch or any tranny work for that matter. That is why i am doing a removable tranny crossmember. You may have a reason for just building a mount on the existing crossmember, I just look at it from a maintenance point of view. would i want to pull headers, oil lines, and all the other gear to swap a clutch/tranny. If are that close in your build. i would just do it, but that is just me

just my .02

Been alittle busy the last week,but managed to get the tunnel covered back up and the padding down,picked up a seat from a Isuzu truck that fits nicely, thats installed for now,till i re-carpet it this weekend. I like the bench seat it makes it looks like a stock little old Truck! IC,bov and wastegate should be here on friday. Driving my Syclone the past few weeks is fun but have to work on that still making sure everything is alright,so far so good! I plan on having the truck semi-done by the end of the month,so will see if it all comes together.

DD2.jpg

DD9.jpg

seat.jpg

picked up a seat from a Isuzu truck that fits nicely,

Any other details on the seat. It appears to fit very nice. Does the center fold down and create an armrest? Is the back of it fairly thin, keeping your body close to the back of the cab? Did the width fit good? Approximate year of Isuzu that it came from?

Got the IC,wastegate and Alt mounted up today. Started to put the front back together. I cleared out some space in the front where the radiator is going to go,now i can run my 14" elec fan with a massive 24"x16"x3" radiator.I was going to run a smaller one but figured out where some empty space was. Alt is good just need to find a 5pk belt that will fit. They sent me the wrong downpipe flange so the exhaust will have to wait for afew days. Wastegate just needs the dump pipe to open atmosphere. Not to much left to go brakes,clutch lines going all SS lines,piping for IC, I'm going to do the Driveline last so i know I'm almost ready to drive it.

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

Any other details on the seat. It appears to fit very nice. Does the center fold down and create an armrest? Is the back of it fairly thin, keeping your body close to the back of the cab? Did the width fit good? Approximate year of Isuzu that it came from?

Seat i found at PnP last sunday out of a Isuzu i think it was a hombre mid 90's single cab truck.Fit's prefect plenty of room,seat even slide on the track good. Center does fold down for an arm rest. Back is thin there is alittle room behind the seat not much but it's a truck. Width is right at the doors. When i went to pnp i measured my olds seat and the inside of the cab door to door and went from there. It was either this one or one out of a 85 dodge ram truck.

Seat i found at PnP last sunday out of a Isuzu i think it was a hombre mid 90's single cab truck.Fit's prefect plenty of room,seat even slide on the track good. Center does fold down for an arm rest. Back is thin there is alittle room behind the seat not much but it's a truck. Width is right at the doors. When i went to pnp i measured my olds seat and the inside of the cab door to door and went from there. It was either this one or one out of a 85 dodge ram truck.

Thank you, i will be watching for one.

Your truck is looking really good, it is going to piss a lot of people off.:D

that bench looks nice in there!!i hope you plan on ditching the camo door panels tho:p

I kinda like them the headliner is done too,but that all can change when I'm done.Will see. Camo makes the truck look like a beater or something you do not want to be stuck driving behind.

Finished the carpet and got the seat mounted. Going to look for a shifter boot,maybe Lokar or might just try to make one? Started the exhaust got it down and almost out but needed to order more J-bends and a few 90's to get i all the way back to the magnaflow.It's tacked in for now,it's really tight in there. At the bottom the first bend there will be a butt-joint band clamp so if i need to remove the exhaust it will be easy to take apart.

n5.jpg

n4.jpg

n6.jpg

n9.jpg

n7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This week got the exhaust done,clutch pedal is working good,made my external wastegate dump right behind the front driverside tire should be nice and loud and my IC piping came today so i started that and got the pass side kinda done. New filter and oil, all turbo oil lines are done. I'll finish it up tomorrow. Brake master i ordered will not work so i'll run the stock one till i can find one. Brake lines should be made this week as well just need a few more fittings for them. Air flow meter should be here this week. I might try to start it this weekend if it all goes good! Then button everything up and see if my driveshaft will be done soon.

f7.jpg

f9.jpg

f11.jpg

f12.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

f6.jpg

f3.jpg