My SR 520 build

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the driveline made you yesterday. The stock tranny yoke fit on the SR tranny so they used my old one and just use new tube they went alittle thicker.

so the stock drive line slipped into the sr tranny? i mean i know it had to be shortend.. but the yoke fit right in?? wonder if the 620 one would also fit???

• 2 weeks later...
you wanna make the mafe pipe atleast 12 inchs long with as few bends as possible.

my .02

Coming in way late here, but honestly I don't think it matter's how far away the MAF is. My MAF is MAYBE 7" from the inlet to the turbo and my SR runs fine. That's a treadstone performance exhaust manifold isn't it? I'm running that one on my car. Your turbo looks to be about the same size as the one I'm running too, have you driven it yet to see at what RPM your turbo spools up at? Mine is pretty laggy.

Edited by spoolinitup33
you dont want to much turbulance, it causes the sensor to read inaccurately.. some may have better luck then others, he's got it figured out an workin well tho :)

Just sayin'. But I've always heard it needs to be at least 8 in. away. And I was reading that you were having problems with your car not wanting to rev up, I had that problem. I think it was because I had a big air pocket in my cooling system and my temp. sensor for the ECU wasn't reading the water temp. I ended up drilling a few holes into my thermostat and my car runs right now.

Just sayin'. But I've always heard it needs to be at least 8 in. away. And I was reading that you were having problems with your car not wanting to rev up, I had that problem. I think it was because I had a big air pocket in my cooling system and my temp. sensor for the ECU wasn't reading the water temp. I ended up drilling a few holes into my thermostat and my car runs right now.

My turbo is abit laggy but when it does spool it takes off and goes. The exhaust mani is the same works perfect for what I'm doing. It did run the same with the maf close to the turbo no difference. I just had no room to run it in front or it would still be there.

Don't think its an air pocket in mine runs at 170* with elec.fans off,my buddy said is the BOV I need to recycle the air back to the intake. It just stumbles of idle when I let off the gas. But I'll check for air tomorrow just to check.

How does your's feel when you get on it?

hey put your videos on the sr20forum bro!

I put the link from here over there. Soon as my buddy swings by I'll get a better Video up. He's been saying he'll stop by for awhile now?? But I did get a AEM wideband!

Edited by sycloned916

The AEM is actually cheaper ($225 vs $279 retail)and comes with a gauge although the ZT-2 can data log. I like the lcd add on option for the ZT-2 though. Not that I'd ever spend 600 bucks on a wide band and display.

If going for a gauge-less data logging kit I'd have to go with the LM-1. I think it's hardware/software/support is way superior at the same price as the ZT-2.

I myself will prob get a AEM if for no other reasons that its all you need out of the box and you can get them 2nd hand on nico or zilvia etc for 150 bucks, which is cheap as hell.

Have you guys heard of the JAW wide band controllers? 100 bucks for a data log-able controller with display lol. It's DYI like MSNS, can work with it and MT as well.

Not the best by any means but interesting none the less.

My turbo is abit laggy but when it does spool it takes off and goes. The exhaust mani is the same works perfect for what I'm doing. It did run the same with the maf close to the turbo no difference. I just had no room to run it in front or it would still be there.

Don't think its an air pocket in mine runs at 170* with elec.fans off,my buddy said is the BOV I need to recycle the air back to the intake. It just stumbles of idle when I let off the gas. But I'll check for air tomorrow just to check.

How does your's feel when you get on it?

So your water temp. hangs around 170? Do you have the stock thermostat in it? I have an HKS ssqv on mine and everyone always says to recirculate the air back into the intake, but my works just fine with it venting into the atmosphere. Mine absolutely takes off when the turbo spools up. What psi are you running?

when i had my sr in my s13 i had a problem when i let off the gas fast it would want to die.. every one told me it was my BOV and the SR just needs a bypass valve and not a BOV.... i just learnd to drive with it and it never messed anything up, although i did wana make a tube a recirculate it.....

So your water temp. hangs around 170? Do you have the stock thermostat in it? I have an HKS ssqv on mine and everyone always says to recirculate the air back into the intake, but my works just fine with it venting into the atmosphere. Mine absolutely takes off when the turbo spools up. What psi are you running?

I have mine set at 9psi,funny when I had it at 4psi spooled fine. The lag is worth the power my truck puts down now.

It stays just under the 170* and when I get moving goes to 150*-155* with stock thermostat.

Read somewhere few guys had the same problem with the ssqv,I has a ebay one my buddy left here I might try or just get a turboxs one?? That or run a safc my buddy works on 300zx's and said run that.

when i had my sr in my s13 i had a problem when i let off the gas fast it would want to die.. every one told me it was my BOV and the SR just needs a bypass valve and not a BOV.... i just learnd to drive with it and it never messed anything up, although i did wana make a tube a recirculate it.....

Yep. I just downshift to keep it from doing that works ok for now.

Yep I had the sr one and looking at it the two guys mic'd it and asked if I tried it told them no figured it was different. Went back home tried it fit right in no problem so they just put new tube and made it. Got lucky.

important thing to remember is this truck origonally had a j13 not an l series so they may be different

what kind of turbo do you have??

sometimes stuff on ebays cheap for a reason, beware of what ya buy.. :D

Not too sure my buddy down south he closed his shop and had 2-3 left over so I bought it off him for a good price. I wanted a Garrett one,the one's I was looking at all had oil and water feed,just wanted oil. I know the one is too big but as long as it works for a few months till i get a different one. It's a 60 might look for a 48-53.

• 3 weeks later...