My SR 520 build

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I just have to install them,been lazy working on the 510. But today got a rearend for the 520 found a 3.70 and put it in. The old one is alum and light,when I was putting the 3.70 the was a work-out. Still need to bleed the rears and fix a wastegate leak found today. Maybe tomorrow I will try out the gears.

What a differenc the 3.70 makes now its driveable,Monday drove around alot and seemed like it was in 5th gear going about 45-50 and reving pretty high. Drove it today after fixing the wastegate leak and didn't get into 4th and it still pulls really hard still. Going to find a 4.11 and build another rearend. Saw this while working on it and had to take a Pic!

520p.jpg

• 1 month later...

Took my truck to me and my buddy's shop to play with our new tools and media blasted my truck bed so i can finally bed line it,it has one coat on it now but tommorrow i will finish it up.

dust4.jpg

dust5.jpg

dust6.jpg

dust7.jpg

dust8.jpg

The aftermath of it all had my truck covered and still got dusty.

dust.jpg

dust2.jpg

dust3.jpg

• 1 month later...

Put in a exhaust cut-out on my truck sounds way better and spools faster, It's not that loud drove around the block and my buddy said it's not too loud for the street.

Was going to hit the track yesterday but my other buddy broke his tranny so i had to help him pull it out, But real soon it will be going down the quarter with a video to show.

Video

DSC00041-1.jpg

DSC00040-1.jpg

man you truck straight piped is prolly quieter than my truck. i made a homemade repackable muffler thats blown out all the packing. i drive it all over and dont get any shit about. only if the cop is a dick.

hell yeah dude. this truck is the shizz!

• 2 months later...

great build. I have one question though, how did you clear the center link with the oil pan? I have a 67 520, and my center link looks like it would be right in the way....

I used a reamer to and flipped the center link,the reamer angled the hole so it would press in when you tighten it up. Never had a problem with clearence to oil pan.

ah...so you moved the center link to the bottom of the pitman arm/ steering arm. That would give me about 2-3" more clearance downward....makes sense to me, thank you very much. I am on the fence about a KA24de, or a SR20.....the KA would simplify things by not having IC piping and the need for the downpipe, but I really think boost would be so sweet. your truck is very nice, and I hope mine comes out half as nice as yours.

ah...so you moved the center link to the bottom of the pitman arm/ steering arm. That would give me about 2-3" more clearance downward....makes sense to me, thank you very much. I am on the fence about a KA24de, or a SR20.....the KA would simplify things by not having IC piping and the need for the downpipe, but I really think boost would be so sweet. your truck is very nice, and I hope mine comes out half as nice as yours.

I was nice that one got total'd may 1 2010, wait till my new truck drive out of the garage that will be the one to see.GL with your's and post some pic's!

• 2 months later...