My SR 520 build

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek:

SWEET!!! Any news on the intake tubing placement?

Sorta like a soap opera...:D

Keep it up man! Looks really good...and really fast too.:cool:

Thanks, got it down to 2 spots back by the clutch master or 45 it by the headlight.Ordered a mushroom air filter yesterday so will see when that gets here.

placing the intercooler like that gives your truck the "get the fuck out of my way cause i'm runnin boost" look.

Yes it does.

Radiator came last night fits good,now just have to find hoses for the pass side. I got the driverside in today. Probably go back to AZ and see what they have in the back.

sweet i cant wait to see this beast i liked it when it had the j13 it should be a monster with the sr

It sure will be a Beast Now! That J-motor was a joke:lol:.

Plus it sounds mean now.

Here are some pic's of the new radiator, I also put the elec fan in too and i just picked up a lower hose that might work for it. I also ordered a wilwood clutch master for it yesterday from Summit that will be here tomorrow. Look's like there will be some room to run the AFM in a few good spots?

rad.jpg

rad1.jpg

rad2.jpg

rad3.jpg

rad4.jpg

rad5.jpg

Damn man I know I keep talking about how much I love this 520. It is truely SIC AS HELL.

You should be so proud. What an acomplishment! I need some video of this thing on the road!

Thanks man. Without this forum I would still be driving a j-13 powered 520 not knowing nothing about Ratsun's. But all the info here helped out a lot and now it is all worth it.

Soon as my filter gets here it will hit the street and see how everything works and then somemore video's. So far so good.

You're going to HAVE to show up to some of the local meets! Every Friday, Lowes on Sunrise/Greenback... starts around 9, goes to like 12-1am. First Friday of the month, local Datsun/510 get-together at Round Table Pizza on Sunrise/Coloma.

I'm stoked to see this thing on the road, and I'm sure Phil is too! He's starting to ITCH to get the 521 under the knife...

You're going to HAVE to show up to some of the local meets! Every Friday, Lowes on Sunrise/Greenback... starts around 9, goes to like 12-1am. First Friday of the month, local Datsun/510 get-together at Round Table Pizza on Sunrise/Coloma.

I'm stoked to see this thing on the road, and I'm sure Phil is too! He's starting to ITCH to get the 521 under the knife...

I'll swing by in a few weeks, I was going to drop by in the Syclone last week, get lost in the datsun once I get started. I'll should be by Phil's house on Sat afternoon to pick up my shifter trim. When I first saw the 521 I thought the garage was L-shaped but it was just the cab.

Haha, good times. I'll be working. Yeah his garage is full of fun stuff... I need to move into the new house so I can get my motor out of his hands... he's starting to babble about putting it in something after all the hard work I've spent on the thing!!

Your motor looks good sitting there on the stand nice and clean. Having a garage does help I would hate to be doing a swap on the street or in an apt. I just got done building my other trucks motor in May and then the Datsun the last few months, kinda nice when you can just go work on your project anytime in peace. GL with your build.

Got the air filter on,had it straight with a little 45 degree and about 12" long. Started fine and Idled ok but when you give it throttle it bogged down,almost died. So today ran the AFM like i wanted it 180'd it back now it's about 20", Starts fine and Idle's good, when you give it throttle Idle's down fine. I think i got it now,going to pick up some plugs tonite going to use NGK's.The ones in it now are HKS plugs.

I also got my tranny cover made up and curved so it will fit nice and clean,I might leave it brushed or might polish it. Phil had it welded for me. Gonna use leather or fake leather for the boot part.

r2.jpg

v3.jpg

v2.jpg

v1.jpg

v4.jpg

Wow drove this monster today, there is nothing nice about it,when the bov and wastegate pop it sound good. I think it has bigger injectors in it there gray stocks are purple.The one problem I found is when I go off throttle it boggs just a tad but idles fine after that. I might get some stock injectors for it and see if that works. I now need to find a parts store with a gas cap for a 72 521pu for my truck. I'll try to shoot a vid this weekend.