Nardi Steering Wheel

I wasn't at all referring to your accident. You weren't hurt bad thats good regardless of the reason. I was speaking in general as to my personal experience with other people in accidents and opinion on steering wheel spec.

That said though if your torso in any way made contact with that steering wheel there is/was a problem. I mean if the seat belt is going to let you make contacts whats the point really, no?

I think something needs to be cleard up here. Almost ALL steering wheels and columns are designed to collapse on impact! Case: somthing smashes into the front of the car, the stering column will get pushed in. Therefore in order to not spear the driver the column and wheel are supposed to just fold and or crunch. Obviosly many of the coments in this thread are bias and all Nardi, grant, and momo steering wheels are high quality it's all about personal choice.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe datsun had columns or wheels designed to give on impact and looking at all the aftermarket wheels I have seen nor are they. The cheaper ones fold because that gauge and quality steel with a cast plastic rim just isn't holding up to anything, the more expensive ones warp and don't really "give".

Imo what your referring to applies to modern cars not 60/70's datsuns or the wheels installed in them.

All 510's have collapsible collums. Exept for early 68's ?. I sell grants all day . cheap ones, expensive ones. I would take a momo,nardi,personal wheel over any pos grant. I've had my 35 dollar grant in all my dimes. I'm just attached to it. It came off my wagon.

pl521sss

Nardi does look better quality and has the Italian brand, another reason why it's expensive.

grant wheels are also made in italy at least some of the old ones have a couple and they are stamped italy on the back along with the year of production:fu::fu:

I don't know if you guys have noticed the trend, but I think there is a new movement to not put "made in china" on anything when it comes to tools anyway. I think grant makes stuff whereever they can get it made the cheapest. I had a friend bid on powdercoating grant steering wheels and he was in Burbank. On another note "made in mexico" may be an old one.:lol:

• 4 weeks later...
I'm in the market for a steering wheel. I have the 6-bolt adaptor already. I would prefer it to be larger than 350mm. (350mm is basically the standard size)

This NiSMO Compe was mentioned to be a rare wheel. It looks like a factory 240Z steering wheel to me.

Compe001-1.jpg

It is the factory wheel in essence, they took a series two wheel and wrapped it in leather. It is pretty rare and expensive, if I had my heart set on one I would make one myself and call it a day.

Edited by 72240z
It is the factory wheel in essence, they took a series two wheel and wrapped it in leather. It is pretty rare and expensive, if I had my heart set on one I would make one myself and call it a day.

And I believe they also came with the SSS horn button center also.

I think actually then compe came with a datsun horn button, just a different one. That horn button is 100% s30.

Maybe it depends on which issue the wheel was because I have seen the (red?) sss badged horn button too.

Edit - Looking around I think its the compe with the SSS and the jdm option wheel with that datsun.

Edited by 72240z