Nardi Steering Wheel

What's so special about Nardi steering wheel?

It seems to be "the steering wheel" for Nostalgic Jap cars

Or at least the Jap cars I've been checking out tends to sport Nardi steering wheel.

I don't find it looking better than Grant steering wheel

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The nardi wheels have a beautiful solid feel to them. Grant wheels look and feel cheap in my opinion. My next 510 will sport a leather nardi.

Edited by philcas1987
cant spell shit right

AFAIK, Nardi and Momo are owned by the same company, and have been for a very long time.

I guess it's just one of those things, Nardi grew to be the bigger brand in Japan and it was counterproductive for the parent company to have Momo compete against it. And in many other countries it is the other way around.

I was going to ask about co ownership glad someone posted 1st. The Momo I have and the Nardi I traded for it were like identical both in look and feel just the branding was different.

Personally I'd rock a stock one before a grant.

I've been watching eBay for a wood Nardi for my Cutlass. Seems to be a LOT of them for sale out of Japan.

Here's a cheap one for you

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Facel-Vega-Facel-II-Nardi-wood-steering-wheel-FLAWLESS_W0QQitemZ120451973842QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1c0b7f42d2&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

grant = flimmsy and bends easy, so does the hub kit for it i bent the brackets just tighting the screws on teh wheel so i threw it all away and got a nardi, :-D love it.

Not sure how you did that.

Not all parts needs to be rigid.

Case example

Had an accident on my wagon Sporting grant steering wheel.

If that wheel was so rigid, chances are, would have broken my arms or ribs.

It gave way and I was ok. Wagon was totaled, not a small accident.

Weather that was incorporated as part of their safety design is a good thing.

I agree

Nardi does look better quality and has the Italian brand, another reason why it's expensive.

How about you guys post more pics of your Nardi wheels

01-18-04004.jpg

I have to disagree on that one. The steering wheel should be stiff and strong, the seat belt/restraint is supposed to to keep you from smashing into it. A persons arm could be broke by 100 things in an accident it doesn't mean you build the interior of the car to be like jello.

People always make an excuse after and accident. How many times I have heard someone say... "If I was wearing a seat belt I would have died" is disturbing. It's bullshit too.

Edited by 72240z
I have to disagree on that one. The steering wheel should be stiff and strong, the seat belt/restraint is supposed to to keep you from smashing into it. A persons arm could be broke by 100 things in an accident it doesn't mean you build the interior of the car to be like jello.

People always make an excuse after and accident. How many times I have heard someone say... "If I was wearing a seat belt I would have died" is disturbing. It's bullshit too.

I was wearing my seatbelt

That is the major factor why I didn't get hurt

My accident was no BS and no excuse Sir

Was hoping that you would be more sympathetic that I didn't get hurt and rather prove something else.

I was the first one got hit and sandwiched.

There were 4 cars total involved so you can imagine being the first one to be hit at a dead stop with no warning , absorbed most of the energy.

Regardless

I'm still glad that wheel gave way

call it luck, call it bad Grant design

I really don't care if you prefer your steering wheel to be stiff as hell.

What I care are the components to work as intended

And it did for me

Anyways, what steering wheel you sporting on your Datsun?

I wasn't at all referring to your accident. You weren't hurt bad thats good regardless of the reason. I was speaking in general as to my personal experience with other people in accidents and opinion on steering wheel spec.

That said though if your torso in any way made contact with that steering wheel there is/was a problem. I mean if the seat belt is going to let you make contacts whats the point really, no?

I was wearing my seatbelt

That is the major factor why I didn't get hurt

My accident was no BS and no excuse Sir

Was hoping that you would be more sympathetic that I didn't get hurt and rather prove something else.

I was the first one got hit and sandwiched.

There were 4 cars total involved so you can imagine being the first one to be hit at a dead stop with no warning , absorbed most of the energy.

Regardless

I'm still glad that wheel gave way

call it luck, call it bad Grant design

I really don't care if you prefer your steering wheel to be stiff as hell.

What I care are the components to work as intended

And it did for me

Anyways, what steering wheel you sporting on your Datsun?

Edited by 72240z
How about you guys post more pics of your Nardi wheels

My Nardi Deep Corn in the Skyline:

derek12.jpg

ATC (made by Nardi AFAIK) woodrim in the rotary:

cbabb6c8.jpg

But if you guys want to talk holy grail Datsun factory, wheel, then keep a lookout on the japanese auctions for a Nismo Compe:

Compe001-1.jpg

I think its because most people are exposed to the cheaper models. Like ya they make 300 dollar wheels but I personally have never experienced one, I have though seen, felt and used many of the cheap shit ones and hated them.

Just my theory lol.