What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Art is officially fixed.  Was either A. A clog in the fuel line or carb, i blew the carb out with carb cleaner and my compressor, every hole i blew...(that sounds wrong)  Then i purged the line, took off the fuel filter, had wife hold a towel over gas door, and blew air in case anything blocking the line.  So that could of been it. Or B. I put in 2 gallons of fresh fuel, iso heat, and octane booster, mixed it up, and let her run for a few hours outside...or C...a lil bit of both.

But the hesitation is almost gone, i need to get the carb adjusted a bit for the idle, but most of the hesitation is gone. I got up to 80 on 217 with no issues, she actually feels a lil bit peppier than what she was before, a bit more responsive. Im just happy, so much stress off my shoulders.  My baby is up and running again. 

Almost crashed it...

Went to a local meet and almost died on the way home. Its not incredibly safe driving without working headlights or defroster when it started to rain. I almost drove right into a median since I didnt see it. Guess I know what I have to fix tomorrow.

I almost did that on the way home from fest. One working headlights and windshield wipers that work when they want with pouring down rain Is a bad mixture

I almost did that on the way home from fest. One working headlights and windshield wipers that work when they want with pouring down rain Is a bad mixture

Yeah it was far from safe. Im on the hunt for a larger alt now to cure the flashing dim lights Im working with. 

^^good enough to run.............F-it.........run it till she blows :fu:

Precisely  :devil: 

My condolences :(

Its ok lol, the worst part about it all was I literally put this engine in not even 2 months ago.

Its soaking with ATF as I type. Hopefully it was a stuck clyinder, or hopefully I didnt make it worse lol.

I didnt plan on keeping the engine in there for long anyways, although a big step from a Tired L20B, its still not fast enough (LZ22)

Tristin the one i got from rock auto works fantastic.  Also i dont think ill need that carb anymore, if i have enough money i may still pay you for the shipping just to have a spare, but moneys been tight for me so dont know if i can afford the wife aggro.  Just glad shes running alright, and glad to hear you are all right.   The alt i got from rock was under 65 bucks, works great, went right on Art. 

Tristin the one i got from rock auto works fantastic.  Also i dont think ill need that carb anymore, if i have enough money i may still pay you for the shipping just to have a spare, but moneys been tight for me so dont know if i can afford the wife aggro.  Just glad shes running alright, and glad to hear you are all right.   The alt i got from rock was under 65 bucks, works great, went right on Art. 

I saw you got it running so I assumed you didnt need it anymore. No worries, its just sitting here. What size was the alt you bought?

Almost crashed it...

Went to a local meet and almost died on the way home. Its not incredibly safe driving without working headlights or defroster when it started to rain. I almost drove right into a median since I didnt see it. Guess I know what I have to fix tomorrow.

Glad to hear you are ok and hope you get the wipers fixed.

Art is officially fixed. Was either A. A clog in the fuel line or carb, i blew the carb out with carb cleaner and my compressor, every hole i blew...(that sounds wrong) Then i purged the line, took off the fuel filter, had wife hold a towel over gas door, and blew air in case anything blocking the line. So that could of been it. Or B. I put in 2 gallons of fresh fuel, iso heat, and octane booster, mixed it up, and let her run for a few hours outside...or C...a lil bit of both.

But the hesitation is almost gone, i need to get the carb adjusted a bit for the idle, but most of the hesitation is gone. I got up to 80 on 217 with no issues, she actually feels a lil bit peppier than what she was before, a bit more responsive. Im just happy, so much stress off my shoulders. My baby is up and running again.

Going through some of the same thing on my 70/510, It's got some trash ( probably bits of rust I'm guessing. When I pumped some gas out at some point the hand pump stopped because of the stuff coming out with the gas. I'll pull the tank hear soon and try to get it all out. Good luck with yours.

Yah im thinking of pulling the tank and checking it out...im just afraid of fucking up the filler hose since nla.

I know what what ya mean.

I got some gear oil in the 72/510 now just have a few things to finish up befor starting it up but plan to get it started up today.

Sadly, because I'm always working on someone else's Datto instead of my own...

Spent the last three days turning a bare shell into something that actually looks like a car...

Didn't even have front end sheetmetal when we started

e1be1d185d0b11e3ab2b12f292af6a15_8.jpg

Got a clean set of black interior panels installed (used to be blue inside)

344b81925d2a11e394ff126267e46ecc_8.jpg

a384d4c45d3311e3bf370ed21f8372d3_8.jpg

Replaced all the guts in the doors and polished the glass

270e641c5c5411e3ad080a41352ca875_8.jpg

Replaced everything inside the hatch and installed hinges (asskicker job!)

1b63b9ce5d2a11e3a9a4123ce35ac48b_8.jpg

New taillights and side markers

c18d5efe5c2611e3a744126758c35937_8.jpg

Now I need to actually do some work on my own damn 510...   :blush:

Spent the last three days turning a bare shell into something that actually looks like a car...

Now I need to actually do some work on my own damn 510...   :blush:

Wow that looks clean, are they on here?

a384d4c45d3311e3bf370ed21f8372d3_8.jpg

Now I need to actually do some work on my own damn 510... :blush:

Very nice, I miss driven my wagon it was my DD.

Wow that looks clean, are they on here?

I wish. :rofl:

He's got lots of cool toys, a 400hp SR20DET 1200 ute, and he's building a tube-frame Mazda R100 with full FD RX7 engine and suspension.  :thumbup:

He's just not into forums and stuff. He buys stuff on ebay but otherwise doesn't really use a computer at all. 

• Like 1