What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

Im using Minty as a truck... packing her full of shit and moving apartments.

There was a moving company moving some stuff into a neighboring apartment. I was loading up the car with stuff and one of the movers was chatting me up about the car. He asked me if I was moving and I said yes. He asked if everything was going in the Datsun... I said if it will fit as Im trying to stuff a smaller bookshelf into the back. Guy was like Im a pro and that wont fit man. So I ripped out the bottom of the backseat and the bookshelf fit perfect.

Eat that "pro."

Nice!!!!

Any update Tristin? Good luck with the move...

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was a moving company moving some stuff into a neighboring apartment. I was loading up the car with stuff and one of the movers was chatting me up about the car. He asked me if I was moving and I said yes. He asked if everything was going in the Datsun... I said if it will fit as Im trying to stuff a smaller bookshelf into the back. Guy was like Im a pro and that wont fit man. So I ripped out the bottom of the backseat and the bookshelf fit perfect. 

Eat that "pro."

Fit a toy box in the back of my old mazda by taking the seat cushion out. 

If all goes well, we'll have our 510 rolling by POTD as well..... that's two dimes rolling to meets for the first time in 7ish years.... :w00t:

And, just for the sake of staying on topic..... it wasn't today, but we got this finished last Saturday.

Hopefully, I'm not getting my hopes up yet, I drove her another mile tonight,  still need an exhaust, registration, insurance, rear bumper and she is still idling over 1000 rpms.  Anybody in the Tacoma area hook me up with an exhaust shop, already got a muffler just need to get an exhaust pipe from the header and the muffler installed.

Eat that "pro."

Moved the goon so I can take some differential location photos as promised a week ago.

P.s. Tristin, PM me your new address.

put on all the new seatbelts. looks good.

dont wanna keep lookin for shit when im broke.

makes me want more. more desiring = struggle/pain. according to plato atleast. 

I know a guy in puyallup, not sure if he is even there anymore. I went to school with his kid, good guy, did the exhaust on my dime

Thanks man,  though not sure I want to drive to Puyallup with an open header though lol.  She's loud enough driving under 25mph in the neighborhood. lol. 

Because 720..... :fu:

Because Frontier? 

524867_10200214316776484_710974976_n.jpg

33977_10200214316176469_1871319124_n.jpg

What did you do for seat belts?  I'm going to be needing some in the future. 

got all 4 belts from seatbelt plus.

the rears and fronts for $120 shipped.

theyre chrome lift latch and they work fine and suit my car as i wanted.

Think I've seen that seatbelt plus, any details on the purchase like the lengths you got?  Did you get new hard ware for them?  I was looking at those, but wasn't sure what to buy.  I'm not to worried about retractable or not and I like the lift latch also. 

well i dont care much for retractable and most 510's cant because the retractor is at the bottom and the huge box thing doesnt fit by the chair if you scoot back.

plus i dont think you have the bolts in your car for.

i just got 60 inch 2 poitn for rear and the normal for front. very satisfied.

i didnt need hardware. you just need some bolts but minus well pay $10 and get all the stuff complete so you dont worry. 

Think I've seen that seatbelt plus, any details on the purchase like the lengths you got?  Did you get new hard ware for them?  I was looking at those, but wasn't sure what to buy.  I'm not to worried about retractable or not and I like the lift latch also. 

You should scour the PnP in Lakewood. 

well i dont care much for retractable and most 510's cant because the retractor is at the bottom and the huge box thing doesnt fit by the chair if you scoot back.

plus i dont think you have the bolts in your car for.

i just got 60 inch 2 poitn for rear and the normal for front. very satisfied.

i didnt need hardware. you just need some bolts but minus well pay $10 and get all the stuff complete so you dont worry. 

Cool thanks for the info.  Looking at their sight, I wish the had the 3 point non retractable available with the black wrinkle lift latch.  Seems weird the 2 point can be but not the 3 point.

You should scour the PnP in Lakewood. 

Was sure about used seatbelts, I know mine are pretty old, was hoping to "upgrade" to newer stuff.  Though I should hit up the PnP for the hell of it.

Get a wagon. I have put 3 bikes in it. :) I actually made a rack for my bike to mount to while in the car... Some more fine tuning of it, paint, and pictures will be up...

I sold my subaru wagon so I could get a dime- lol - still miss that car - and I have a Tacoma truck as my daily.. but sometimes I want my bikes and my dime- also as cool as it is to have a killer race wagon- props to anyone who races a wagon- I wanted a fun little car

Why did people stop using trunk mounted bike racks for cars? Because trendy? :confused:

I sold racks at a bike shop  for 7 years-  trunk racks SCARE me - those things are so sketchy-  they scratch paint (ummm i have a ratsun so that doesnt matter) -  but they get intalled wrong all the time and they really work like crap... plus the gutter rack system for the 510 is so easy- if you need a dirt cheap solution though they work - with the roof rack though I can put my surf boards up there too :D

Because on my 510, my mountain bike extends like 2 feet on either side of it! Yes I have a trunk/hatch mount rack.

So so so true lol

As for what I did to my dime today?

Drove the shit out of her-  it was a gorgeous day here in CT so I drove her to work and then on my way home put the hammer down and went the scenic way home - my ears are still ringing... i think i need a quieter exhaust

started to install my BMW head lights, driver side done...passenger side will be done tomorrow. Went with a different approach than the norm, may have been too much effort for the same production, just couldn't cut my stock light holsters...yet.

Picked up some "new" used tires for her,  all have tread and no wires showing lol. 

Now just need to save for new wheels/tire combo, hard finding wheels I actually like that will fit. Need to see what offset I need in the rear to run a 5x7, or a 5x8. 

It will also depend on tire size and how low you want to go. The lower you are, the more negative camber you will be (unless you manually correct it) which helps tuck.