Arizona Datsun Club

I'm starting a "club" for the Arizona guys. We were poo-poo'd by the Desert Z Association (very long agitating story), so I am going to start my own. This is to be a very open minded friendly club, not an arrogant closed minded thing like the Desert Z Club. Open to ALL Datsun's, with a body style of 85' and older. Yes, even a beater P.O.S is welcome. The more people the better. It will be based in Phoenix, AZ. Tentatively the meet place is going to be the Scottsdale Pavillions car show on saturdays, until we can find out where everyone lives, and get enough people together, then we can vote on a location/date to suit everyone's needs. If anyone is interested, and I don't already have their e-mail, please PM me. Most meet updates will be via e-mail. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st off i hate being "poo-poo'd" :D Seriously i applaud your effort to organize as many Datsun enthusiasts as possible to simply have fun & share ideas. Too many clubs get way to serious & it kills the fun aspect. For example SWDP is very informal & kickback, im sure you guys can use the same approach & meet alot of new people. Good luck & if im ever out that way ill for sure hit up the pavillions.

• Like 1

bro u know i'm in..we can also meet at the shop and cruise else where, pavillion's are good also 91st ave and northern on friday nites, let's do this:D c'mon datto peeps lets represent, lets get out there and do this!!!!!

• Like 1

Actually your shop would be a good somewhat-central location for some meets. There's a bunch of west side guys that don't want to drive all the way to the pavillions, so that could work good.

Pavillions is just nice because there's more to look at, but if we get enough guys willing to hang out, then we won't need "other" things to look at.

• Like 1
:cool:

there are a few 'zoners' on the 510realm too.

most Z owners = :fu: (dont think any of 'them' are on here though)

Hey wait a minute. I'm a Z car guy. :fu: But I dig all datto's. Some of the people in my Z club are that way and to them I say :fu:. The Z was not the first badass car Datsun made.

It's a shame they just don't get it. I've taken my wagon to one of the other Z club meetings here in So Cal. And they were like WTF is that POS.

Anyway I hope it works out for you. And if any Z cars show up just tell em they have to park in the back row. :lol:

• Like 1

LETS DO THIS !!!! i am so ready for this, if we could get a few cars, trucks, to roll into a gathering, u know we would be noticed, and who cares who says what, these r the vehicles we prefer, don't get me wrong i like all forms of custom vehicles, but i'm not gonna put some one down for what they like or have, why, what good comes from it ? :D ok any one else ready for this ????:D

• Like 1

No, you have misunderstood.......I welcome *ALL* Datsun's, Z cars included. Up to the first gen 300ZX anyways. I've even had some early Z people contact me already because they want to be part of it. The local Z club in Phoenix has turned off a lot of people, and now those guys want somewhere else to hang out. This is where my club comes in.

Edited by yellowdatsun
  • Like 1
No, you have misunderstood.......I welcome *ALL* Datsun's, Z cars included. Up to the first gen 300ZX anyways. I've even had some early Z people contact me already because they want to be part of it. The local Z club in Phoenix has turned off a lot of people, and now those guys want somewhere else to hang out. This is where my club comes in.

Ryan,i undersdtood.I was just saying that here we had ZERO interest from the "Z guys".And let's face it,this is Tucson.Not enough for two seperate clubs.

• Like 1
Ryan,i undersdtood.I was just saying that here we had ZERO interest from the "Z guys".And let's face it,this is Tucson.Not enough for two seperate clubs.

It really only takes 2 to make a club. That way your buying every other round.:lol:

I live in Tucson myself. Would love to get in on this but (there is the but) I got some car issues that prevent it from being dependable on a drive to Phoenix at present.

No Speedometer (possibly fix tommorow) due to pinion gear is shot.

Amount of Fuel unknown at any given time, till Fuel Sender is replaced (Found a New on on Ebay from Kuwait of all places).

My Rims are Embarrassing

Slight Overheating Issue I have not gotten around to

The Tranny makes some lovely accompanying noises going down the road, and I would hate for it to away from town.

Once I get all that taken care of I am up for a Drive up to Phoenix some evening.

• Like 1

Just from the craisglist ad I made yesterday, I have already had 4 240/260/280z guys e-mail me. So we shall see what happens.

I understand what your saying though. It boils down to there being 2 types of Z people, the ones that only like Z cars, and the ones that like all Datsun's. If they only like Z cars then I wouldn't want them in this club anyways. I have never been able to understand the arrogance personally. I have had 3 beautiful 280ZX's over the years, and would not hesitate to park next to an old Datsun pickup. Maybe because I have had old Datsun pickups, 4 of them. I dunno. There's a lot of people that have been really turned off by the DZA, and are looking for somewhere else to hang out.

Edited by yellowdatsun
  • Like 1

I think we may end up alternating some meeting spots, as there's people over in Mesa/Gilbert, and then some in west Phoenix. So maybe have one at the Pavillions, and another at Toms shop. Or maybe 91st and Northern on friday nights. I think once I have a good list of guys I'll poll everyone to see where they want to meet, and what dates.

I also think once people start showing up on a regular basis, the rest will be more inclined to drive a bit, knowing others will be there to hang out with.

Plus this will be good for guys like you (slam-dat-sun) who were having issues with your truck, much easier to ask people in person at a meet for suggestions or help.

Edited by yellowdatsun
  • Like 1
I think we may end up alternating some meeting spots, as there's people over in Mesa/Gilbert, and then some in west Phoenix. So maybe have one at the Pavillions, and another at Toms shop. Or maybe 91st and Northern on friday nights. I think once I have a good list of guys I'll poll everyone to see where they want to meet, and what dates.

I also think once people start showing up on a regular basis, the rest will be more inclined to drive a bit, knowing others will be there to hang out with.

Plus this will be good for guys like you (slam-dat-sun) who were having issues with your truck, much easier to ask people in person at a meet for suggestions or help.

this is true

• Like 1

Have been speaking with Ryan about this... we need someone good with web design to set up a very simple site.

DesertDatsun.com is about to be a reality!

Should be a good opportunity to keep the locals apprised of what's happening, and help each other with parts and such.

Plus, I'm ready to host a Tech Day at my place!!! :D

• Like 1

i can make an example homepage to start with, just need to know requirements ect, what type of information you want displayed on the front page, what other featured youd want the site to have, if youv got a logo yet or not, ect. you can hit me up on AIM or PM for all that

• Like 1

Nah, no logo's yet.....Heck I just came up with "Desert Datsuns" like a day ago! Things seem to be rolling pretty quick though.

Was even thinking of using a similar type of forum thing as ratsun, but not sure how those operate, if you need a server for them to run from. Would be easy though if we could just create/name some fields.

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...