Titan rims

Rim choices..shoud i................  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Rim choices..shoud i................

• repair & paint silver
    • repair & paint green to match the HB
    • repair & have them chromed

Lucky me picked up a set of 18 inch Titan rims today for $50 ! I met up with a member of my friends site http://www.nissancustoms.com today who was selling them. They have some curb rash but nothing major, ill prob. end up repairing them & using them on my HB sometime down the road. The tires wil be deposited in the dumpster, theyre bald. Overall im happy to have them & the wife even understood that @ that price i HAD to buy them:D

97myTitans.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would repair them and repaint them a dark grey silver(anthricite, sp?). Like the color of lots of the other late model nissan truck wheels, but a little darker. That way they are not painted body color to any one vehicle and you could put them on any Ratsun you choose.

my personal opinion is that doing them all green to match your hb might not look very well, just my opinion. as an alternative, i was thinking it might be better to maybe, just do the surface in green and the rest in a satin black. i don't really know how to explain it any better than that. it's just when i imagine in my head those wheels done entirely in the same color as the truck and then on that truck, it just looks like too much. i think if it was a smaller rim, or if the spokes where thinner, then maybe. but i think just completely color matching them will be kinda too much. would it be possible to polish sections of them? i've never seen them up close in person so i don't know if that's even a viable option, but maybe polish the spokes and just paint the inside of the rim the same green. anyway i just feel like the color would look good, but completely colored would be too much. my 2 cents.

so do they titans tuck on a 521??? whats needed to make them fit? just bore the wheels like on the hb's to clear the huibs????

Yeah I had a set on a 521 I used to have.....

grey521.jpg

Just make sure when you enlarge the center of the wheel its enough, don't want those wheels falling off :D

make sure the aren't 2006 rims, they're a much smaller lug pattern same as the Dodge six-lug. I had to find this out the hard way, but in the end was able to flip 'em.

Titans have the same patern as our trucks, it is the pathfinder/frontier trucks that changed which sucks cuz they have some really cool wheels. oh well, the dodge guys can use them.