• april
    • amy/aimee
    • other (specify)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my cars names have come usually from someone associated with the car.

my first 510 was shirley. I later had stanley my second child, a corolla ae86 with license plates 2BRExxx, I forget the last three numbers. Along came Mindy, my current 510, named after someone who was selling one (but passed up on it) and a driveable 4 door named Mork, whom I sold.

Someday Mindy will have a Mork again, and when the right one comes along, Mork II (MkII) will be born :P

my cars names have come usually from someone associated with the car.

my first 510 was shirley. I later had stanley my second child, a corolla ae86 with license plates 2BRExxx, I forget the last three numbers. Along came Mindy, my current 510, named after someone who was selling one (but passed up on it) and a driveable 4 door named Mork, whom I sold.

Someday Mindy will have a Mork again, and when the right one comes along, Mork II (MkII) will be born :P

well shelly came from my favorite movie she was the main charicters wife to be before they were both killed a cyber beer to anyone who can name the movie its from (lynch excluded he already knows :P) my truck is named big bertha just cause it fits :P

I didn't start naming my vehicles until a buddy of mine started calling my KC sunkist. Although years ago I had a '67 Chevy Caprice two door hard top that was maroon and some one called it the Maroon Marauder. When I first bought my 74 I called it whiplash cuz the throttle cable was stuck outside the throttle assembly on the weber. It was hard to get going then it would snap back and the truck would just fly and put your head in the back window. I fixed that and then realized that it sounded like the muffler was made out of a popcan so I started calling it popcan. When I got my '78 SC I named that one fast orange because of the long story behind getting that truck:D I sold that one, then I sold my 74, then last month I bought my 74 back. It still sounds like a popcan, and the paint has been stripped off, went through a winter with no paint and then it got rattlecanned after I sold it.

Now I'm calling my KC Deerkiller, but soon i'll be high enough to run over them:D

all my cars names just came to me. and they fit. Tabitha, my 620, something just clicked and Tabitha came to mind. it really is just something that clicks witht he car. drive it for a while, it'll come to you. trust me. it took 6 months to name the Pathy. her name is Patrisha. more commonly called Tish. dont ask why as i have no idea. it just fit.

Never named my trucks or cars. Though I've called them all motherfucker at one time or another, right? I like April, has to be a feminine name though. How about Michelle? Has some of the name elements of the original Shelly, just like the new car has Shelly parts in it. Sort of keeps Shelly alive every time you say the name Michelle.

Back in the day my buddy Garth Brooks had his own language and names for things. If asked if he wanted a beer he wouldn't say 'might as well', instead, he would say 'Marcus Welby', (don't ask, it was an old TV show) 'too bad' was 'tea bags'. He named his '63 Chevy II Nova 'Chevy Twice' and my old '65 Pontiac was 'pawn ticket'.

I always thought the name of a car should come from something specific to just it and you the owner with some deeper meaning not just a name pulled from a bag.

So I vote other.

I always thought the name of a car should come from something specific to just it and you the owner with some deeper meaning not just a name pulled from a bag.

So I vote other.

i agree thats why when datzenmike explained michelle it fit very well part of shellys name is in it just like shelly sparts are in it so michelle it is thanks for the input guys

michelle makes sense to me...if i give a car a name it will come from some kind of situation involving the car...my white blazer i had got named the white elephant because when we bought it we could not afford it so it was quite a burden to make the payments..good luck will car

• 7 months later...

why do people think all cars are girls??!! all the best vehicles have been boys! cars that are girls just break down all the time.... check it out..... transformers, mostly male. herbie, male! kit from knight rider, male! general lee.... MALE! starskys car had a male pressence to it. there are many more also!