1979 b210: L20 engine swap.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a new '76 B-210 and it had a 1483cc? OHV engine that just would not quit. J 15 I think it was called. They also came in 1299cc called a J 13, was your dad's maybe a J 13? Still had them (J 15) in '80 I believe. I think they were around 85? horse, so an L20B should give it a good kick.

IMG_8795.jpg

IMG_8800.jpg

IMG_8785.jpg

IMG_8798.jpg

its was front sump so my dads trying to come up with an idea because the L20 is rear, jeff said like a newer 510 i think has a front sump pan thats an L20 but my dad cant find one so refabing the crossmember is the only decision right now

They did come with the A motors. You are thinking of the trucks Mike. It is looking good, maybe a SR next time. :D

I talked to your dad a little bit ago on the phone. he is going to pick some parts up from me tomorrow. He told me there was no HL510's at pull a part... what a bummer. I do like the look of those cars, what am I saying I like any slammed datsun :)

ok so the story on the wall haha,

so my dad and his friend bought a few 510 in granite falls and they fixed one up to make there money back, and they scrapped one and we kept two of the ones that were left, so the car on the wall was my old 510 and my dad and i were cutting the firewall to fit a 240z motor because not very many people have done it plus we had the motor with triple webers and all the good stuff,so we were test fitting it back and forth but it had been more work then we thought and we had but to much into the fire wall and it would of eneded up under the dash and the heater would have to be moved or no heater at all, it was just to big of a project so one day we cut it in half hahahaha i think i have some pics when we were doing it a while ago but my project now was one of the ones that were in granite falls, it was going to be my dads two door but i got it instead.

Guest 510kamikazifreak
ok so the story on the wall haha,

so my dad and his friend bought a few 510 in granite falls and they fixed one up to make there money back, and they scrapped one and we kept two of the ones that were left, so the car on the wall was my old 510 and my dad and i were cutting the firewall to fit a 240z motor because not very many people have done it plus we had the motor with triple webers and all the good stuff,so we were test fitting it back and forth but it had been more work then we thought and we had but to much into the fire wall and it would of eneded up under the dash and the heater would have to be moved or no heater at all, it was just to big of a project so one day we cut it in half hahahaha i think i have some pics when we were doing it a while ago but my project now was one of the ones that were in granite falls, it was going to be my dads two door but i got it instead.

kool Man,but I woulda thought it was part of a divorce ,the bitch wants half here yah go your half LOL