datrod

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. Just a quick up date. The show turned out very well. :D

We packed the lot.

I would like to thank all of you guys for showing up. RATSUN & SWDP really made the show. :cool: We had more entries than any other group Or club.

My ass is draggin. I didn't take many pic's so I'll wait for Mark to post some he takes way better pic's anyway.

THANK YOU RATSUN MEMBERS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great time! Everyone was great and the conversations were amazing. Pics to come.

Jason - thanks for the ride in

John (Datrod) - did the accessories help with another trophy?

Yes, Thank you. :D

Hey John, I forgot to pick up my t-shirt for being in the show. Can we meet up sometime so I can get one from you? :(

You snooze you loose :lol: I'll see what I can do. So you never got a goodie bag or shirt ? And what size shirt ?

What a great weekend!!! I didn't know until Friday evening (for 2 reasons) that I would be able to come. As for the first reason, it turned out I had the weekend off after all. The second reason was the last time I drove Funtana (about 2 months ago) something loosened up in the valve train and had Me scared to start it, much less drive it. On Friday morning, My mechanic, Bruce, said he had time to look at it. I had thought that it was the timing chain, but #3 valves worked loose somehow. Bruck checked the chain and totally adjusted all the valves. I went to the gas station and fill up with NO noise. I then made the decision to trailer it to Greg's and then drive it the 45 miles from His house to Temecula. What a rush!!! That is the second longest distance I have driven it since it was built. The last time I drove on the the 91 or 15 was in 1982!!!! What a rush to once again "go back to My roots"!! The group was as always excellent!! We were without Guy though:(. We met new friends, old friends and even a few magazine contacts for SWDP!!! There is more and more growing interest in Our "family"!!! SWDP is impressing many people now. In just 2 years, We have become a tight-knit group that has NO attitudes, stipulations that clubs have and also genuine. I am amazed at Our progress. I really don't mind the 4 or 5 hours that it takes Me to see You guys when We get together!! I know that We will have an awesome SWDP day!!! Others are now seeing that. I still don't consider Ourselves a "club" but people are definately starting to see a professional group that is starting to stand out at runs. 10 trucks this year!!! Maybe 15 to 20 next year!! Anyway, thank You all for a great day!!! See You again soon!!!