Beebani's old frame, well next weekend but.....

Icehouse

We got a few hours in on it last night. I welded the behind the seat where I cut it for the body drop. I will get some shity cell phone pics tonight. We hope to make some progress this week, I'll keep you guys updated.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We got a few hours in on it last night. I welded the behind the seat where I cut it for the body drop. I will get some shity cell phone pics tonight. We hope to make some progress this week, I'll keep you guys updated.

Good job man! I've kicked around the idea of bd'ing my truck, but it seems like sooo much work for 2 inches. I think the core support and firewall would be the biggest bitch! Keep it up man, I'm rooting for ya!

Good job man! I've kicked around the idea of bd'ing my truck, but it seems like sooo much work for 2 inches. I think the core support and firewall would be the biggest bitch! Keep it up man, I'm rooting for ya!

I think you could get a couple inches outta those

Okay I got a few pictures with my sidekick before I broke the screen again :( O well I got a new one ordered up :D Anyways instead of cutting across the floor I thought this might be an easier way. What do you guys think? They didn't line up perfect, but butt welding it was kind of an after thought.

IMG00146.JPG

IMG00145.JPG

Thanks guys :D My bro didn't show again :( I guess we where all 20 at one point.... So I didn't work on the 521... I did however work on a zx :) ZX's are good practice for the real thing (510's) haha

Originally to the doors, but we decided to keep the rockers so the engine will not require such a big hood scoop. We are going to try and fit the armadas to :) It's going to be close. Gotta sleep.

You are running a 215/35/18 right????? That should tuck BDed to the rocker (not pinch, true rocker), at least from all the measurments ive done. Its going to be tight, might even touch the top of the fender. I cant wait to get mine done, so i can start on my next BDed datsun project.

I know we keep taking measurements and its going to be so close. The tires are going to be here on Wednesday so we should know by saturday. I also need to track down an engine and a few other goodies.

I was going to ask you about paint and primmer. I noticed you and Jason talking about primmer. I wanted to know what would stick the best to bare metal. I have my 68 bare and would like to prime the fenders and the engine bay so it will stop surface rusting. Maybe a little technique would be nice to, I'm very lacking in the paint department.

My brother is just going to rattle can his truck for now... I tried to talk him into a real paint job, its not my place to force perfection into his truck :D I would like to do a real paint job on my car though.

My sidekick screen broke so I wont be on during work hours for a while :(

2eDeYe;4761'']Oh you poor fella...I'm at work :D

me 2!

Well dam both you guys!!! :D

have your brother use rattle can primer sealer. At least you can get a decent paint job with automotive paint over that. Don't rattle can on auto spray paint or you'll have to sand it all off.

I can give you his number, maybe you can talk him into it :D I told him he should do a real paint job. I just figure its his rig, you know... I will mention the sealer though.. We where just going to crylon it with flat paint to seal in the rust... or is it seal the water out? :)

We got the tires on and it looks like the will fit. I won't have any pics for a while because I'm going to the beach this weekend. There will be tons of cutting to get them in there thats for sure :D

Nothing out of a spray can will take any kind of real paint (short of a few real paint products in a spray can). The solvents in the base and clear will eat up any cheapo stuff. Tell him to go pick up some PPG DP90 from you local paint store. Its flat black and can be painted over later. To do the whole outside of the truck your looking at around $100 or so. Anymore questions that are paint and body related feel free to PM me.

• 3 years later...