Fender rolling

72nismo

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you google fender rolling, you will get tons of links with pics, as well as videos with how to's, as well as the finished look.

are you looking to roll them or pull them? You can actually flare out your fenders using a fender roller...

The rear lip is a spot weld seam. You cut it off and you've disconnected the quarter from the well all along the lip.

well i didn't cut much prob 5mm at most i just needed to clear the rubbing so it doesn't need to be that deep told ya i'm not a bad cutter. btw i had the qp replaced and yeah i had them bead a certain portion when it was redone.

Is it advisable to wash and let the inner part of the lip dry thoroughly before you start and then use some sort of rocker guard on the new seam once you're finished to prevent a potential a dirt and moisture trap from rusting out your fender? Or am I overthinking?

By the way, great tutorial Shonuff.

I had issues with my rear tires rubbing. I took them off and banged the inside lip flush with the body. Normally it sticks horizontally into the wheel well. I just smashed it up. Don't even notice a difference but I have about 3/4" clearance from my tires now.

• 2 weeks later...

an old time body man shoed me one time get a wood bat a heat jun and a sharp razer blade score the paint heat the paint and you need a budey to slowley drive the car back and forth whal you put downword forse on the handle of the bat dont forse to let the bat do the work trust me i have had to role fenders on all my cars [go low or go home]:D:fu::fu:

• 3 months later...

Hey all, I'm new here:) I wanted to say thanks much for all the info so far, I just got my 70' 510 about 3 months ago and have done all the work myself so far. Got some new (cheepo) wheels and some nice Yokohama ADVAN A048, put them on and guess what, Fenders needed rolling! Checked out this thread, Went to my shop and lifted her up... I ended up using a heat gun and a 10lb sledge head (it had rounded sides) and the fenders turned out great, with no visible deformations :) I did chip some of the paint around the underside of my fender but whomever painted the car before me just threw some of the paint over the existing paint in the hard to reach area's so I was expecting it. Thanks again and glad to be here -J

Wheel_Small.jpg

Front_Small.jpg

Full_Small.jpg