Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This one is at NW Auto Recyclers in Lake Stevens. It's an automatic with an l20b (W58 head I think). The carb and dizzy are gone already. I took the pic over a week ago, so it might have some more parts gone already.

20130921_103027_zps1ba02401.jpgman i need the cross member from this

I need the cross member! 

Went back to that former wrecking yard in Aurora this afternoon. I got a few pics & contact info if amybody.wants anything.

2013-09-09163046.jpg this silver 521 is a.'70. Interior looked ok&it had a.Datsun/Hitachi am radio/ 8 track player inside( cool nostalgia factor,not that I have any 8 track tapes,but cool anyway) a black 620 grille on the floor inside. My battery ran out after this pic,so no more of this one for now.

I didn't get the year of this 521,but i'll be going back for the bumperettes,& maybe a few other parts off of it. 2013-09-09161801.jpg 2013-09-09161710.jpg 2013-09-09161556.jpg

Somebody wanted pics of this,i can't remember who right now. 2013-09-09161344-1.jpg 2013-09-09161344.jpg

Here's a pic of that Datsun forklift I mentioned. I don't know what I would do.with this,but I want to own it. 2013-09-09161248.jpg Rocket Dog I think the light buckets you mentioned are on these trucks.

I am in need of a B210 windshield, grill and a fuse box lid. Will you be going back to this yard? Could you get a price on these items for me? Please.

Thanx

There is a 521 at Portland South Pick-n-Pull.  I think it has a five speed in it.  It has been in the yard a few weeks now, and it might be scrapped soon.  Row 33.

Does anybody know it this 521 is still there,& if it still had the transmission mount & shortened driveline?

10:15 They finally answer thier phone ,& i've been calling them since 9am. this is what I hate about places that have websites,they don't seem to be able to answer any questions over the phone anymore! Can't be bothered to actually physically look to see if the have what I'm looking for,so I don't have to make an hour drive for nothing. "it's on the website". No,if I could find what I wanted to know on the website,i wouldn't have spent the last hour trying to get you to answer your damn phone! Now that I've finished my rant, they said there weren't any datsun pickups there. I'm still not sure if I believe the guy on the phone,or if he was just too lazy to go look. If anyone has an already shortened driveline & shortened transmission mount for a 521, that they'd be looking to part with/sell,please let me know. That way I won't have to send mine out to be shortened. Thanks!

Never believe anything the yard tells you over the phone. They're just as lazy here. Either they can't answer or they just say no to get rid of you. Meanwhile they probably have what you're looking for. What's even better is when they have a car and it never gets listed to the site. You're better off going to see for yourself. Customer service died many years ago.

I can't speak for the PnP yards down in the Portland area but up here (Seattle area) the inventory on Row52 is very accurate. There is typically a 1 day lag (the cars they pull/drop during the day aren't updated until that night), so there is a chance that you could call on the same day a car was pulled and they wouldn't know at the front desk. The same thing goes for the opposite as well - a car may have dropped that day and they wouldn't know by checking their inventory until the next day. Bottom line is that if a car or truck did show in inventory at one time but doesn't the next time you look, it's almost certainly gone (like that 521 at the North Portland yard). 

As far as specific parts on a vehicle that show in inventory, you definitely won't get any help from them but I can't say as I blame them for that - they'd have to have an army of employees constantly running out into the yard to see if this car still has a fender, that car has the mirror, what condition are those seats in, etc.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't work for PnP but I do work as a contractor for Row52.

I completely understand them not being able to tell me over the phone whether they had a specific part or not,but they should be able to tell me if they had a 521 there still. I think I was more annoyed by the 2nd workers attitude/tone of voice/lazy sigh, than I was about them not being able to tell me what I wanted to know. That &the fact that it took an hour of calling to get them to answer the phone during business hours. I guess i'm just old school. customer service has always been part of my job, & I expext at the very least polite customer service from businesses that I would potentially buy from.

You're right - they definitely should have been able to check their inventory system to see if the truck was still listed. When you said something about physically looking to see if they have what you're looking for I took that to mean you were looking for a specific part and not just the truck in general and were hoping someone might see if it (the part) was still there.

The fact is that they cannot tell you what's in there yards at all, I have seen a datsun in one of there yards, but it was not in the inventory, and I am not just talking about a certain day, I am talking about the fact that it never showed on their inventory ever, it was labeled/marked wrong, I have also seen a roadster marked as a 510, and it was never corrected, but that was good for me.  :devil:

They don't care, it's just metal to them, some of them guys/gals that work at them places I could see just sitting on their ass collecting welfare, and they would not even feel bad about it, and others are just walking talking rectums, that like to screw with people, they likely hate there job, so everyone should have a bad day also.

There are nice people that work at them places also, but the south yard, it depends on the day, I had the king prick give me a good deal one time, but I was spending over $300.00 also.

The one in the south yard is gone, I didn't know there was one in the north yard.

It sounds like the yards down your way are a lot different than the yards around here. There are a few people I'd rather not deal with when I go in, but all in all they're not bad. And, like I said, the inventory in the three yards up here tends to be pretty accurate.