WTB 620 dash

I desperately need a 620 dash that's in good condition, mine has many cracks and all of the heater controls are cracked and split. The glovebox is hanging by a thread and many other plastic pieces are busted.

I'm willing to pay, or maybe can trade for some brake brackets or anything else you might need fabricated.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

then you're SOL. seriously, a day trip to a couple of yards, a few bucks later you could have everything you need.

Problem is buddy, I live 80 miles south of Portland, and all of the j/y's here have nothing for dattos.

For fucks sakes Beebani. I drove a damn engine all the way to you, and you never even offered to kick me some gas money. Maybe you have the wrong hobby!

I just drove another engine to a guy down in Eugene tonight. He couldn't come get it because he doesn't currently have a driver's license. He gave me $50 for driving it down.

Point is, you gotta give something to play - time, cash, something..

BEE...I think you should maybe proofread before you post when upset...or maybe wait a day to post ;)

We're all poor Datto folk around here, and nobody wants to piss anyone else off I'm sure....

If you need a dash insert I have an extra...

I deleted it Steve, that really pissed me off! Too much aggression first thing in the morning!

I do need an insert, how much you want for it?

I think I may do something fiberglass or steel for the front of the dash. Pac said that when he glassed over the vinyl the cracks came back later. There's a replacement part on ebay right now for $82.00 plus $22.00 shipping...pretty steep for a piece of plastic/rubber which will probably crack a few years down the road anyway.

For fucks sakes Beebani. I drove a damn engine all the way to you, and you never even offered to kick me some gas money. Maybe you have the wrong hobby!

I just drove another engine to a guy down in Eugene tonight. He couldn't come get it because he doesn't currently have a driver's license. He gave me $50 for driving it down.

Point is, you gotta give something to play - time, cash, something..

You offered, you were unemployed with nothing better to do, and if you wanted gas money you shoulda said something! I gave you way more than the motor was worth, and it was missing parts! Not to mention it had the wrong throttle body!

Wrong hobby? Who just sold all their parts off asshole!? I'm too busy working on my hobby, plus 50+ hours a week of work, and 10-15 hours a week of school. Find me some fucking time in the week to spend 4-5 hours at the junk yard!

I appreciate the 3 of you that actually responed about the topic at hand and tried to help me with what I'm looking for!

Not sure why the rest of you felt the need to jump my shit because I'm too busy to waste a day at the j/y instead of working on my rig? I thought I was well respected on here, but apparently not.:mad:

Yep...Doug called me that morning about the engines...drove down and got them that day! I just bought a trans from Steve and he delivered....so I bought him lunch as a thanks.

(edit)

Well I still need to get rid of a bunch of stuff so if you can use the dash it's yours. Took a look upstairs, don't have another one but I do have a couple of gague clusters. Also, the dash insert has a break on one of the radio shaft holes, but should be fixable.

Not sure why the rest of you felt the need to jump my shit because I'm too busy to waste a day at the j/y instead of working on my rig?

I think most people don't see a trip the the j/y as a waste of time, also I personally consider it part of 'working on my rig' as it would never get finished without those trips.

Just sayin ;)

P.S. It is the internet, there is no need to take it so seriously...and waiting a day before posting in anger would prolly be a really good idea, in general, for everyone.

Junkyard hopping... it's the thrill of the hunt. It's how I got all my matchbox dists... Weber adapter plates... factory 620 tachs... dogleg transmissions. I wasn't in teh yard for any of that, I was looking for something else. Sometimes that somethig else was there... sometimes not. Sure, I could pay 3-10X for ones folks have on eBay or CL, but why?

wow, i didn't mean to upset so many people, my $200 price tag was a figure i thought was fair. i've run across these dash boards a few times and done everything in my means to pick them up. this particular one i had to buy the whole truckj to get, then strip all the junk off it. clean it up nice and then put it in dark room temp storage. i thought $200 was a fair price, how often do you come across a dash like this? i've sold them for less in the past, but they weren't as hard to come by either.

redeye, i've been looking for that good passenger floor pan, haven't found one yet. the truck i was stripping in the junkyard got crushed before i could finish, metal prices went up. there was another truck i was trying to buy that had a stock clock in it but the seller contacted the hulk hualer before i could get it. i'm still looking for you though. also i remember there was a 3rd member saved for me but i haven't been too concerned lately because of other life priorities.

Ted......it certainly wasn't your price that sparked the fire. You price is more than fair. I didn't read it like he was saying it was over priced, just that he couldn't afford it. I also don't think it was started by Jason's statement that he couldn't afford it. None of us are made of money so we all come up against stuff we need/want that we just can't afford.

(edit)

Heck...I've gone to Bend and back for parts I wanted.....but I've got my wife's complete support so we did an overnighter and had a great time. Jason is fighting lack of funds and lack of support.....I don't envy that at all.

(edit)

Wait......didn't someone say that drama has no place around cars??? :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.