testing the market

seats003.jpg

I got a call from a friend of mine, Said he has a guy that want's a wagon and asked me if I wanted to sell mine. Well I don't really want to sell it but if I could get 10K I would let it go. What do you guys think?

New L20B motor (stock)

weber 32/36

header

rabbit radiator

rebuild 200sx 5sp

280zx front with coilovers

tokico struts (short)

17X7 wheels & new tires

good paint

This thing is pretty much a new car. I have replaced every thing on it in the last 6 Months.

Bash away I need some input.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice and clean wagon but $10K, I will look for a sedan. The engine is stock, 32/36 and nothing more.

That's it bro. Like I said I would let it go for 10K.:eek:

If you'll only considering selling a $10k or higher, tell 'em $12k and let 'em talk ya down to $10k.

Just be sure you're ready to part with it and/or get another non-running project.

You hit on my two biggest points. I'm not sure if I can let it go. But for 10K

I just might.

I do have two Z cars that need some love.:D

Thanks for your input.

Everything costs more in California. :D

You know what Einstein said, everthing is relative. So let's put his theory to the test, put it on Ebay and if it sells or Craigslist and if it sells fro $10K, then his theory is correct.

RacerX

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If that person wants those rims/tires, that color of paint....yada, yada. If they want different rims or paint color....they won't want to go anywhere near 10K.

Your pricing is like mine with the NL.....if someone wants to give me $8k for it....it's gone. Is it worth that...no, but I'd be dumb not to jump on that deal :)

Worse case...you give him your price, he thinks you're nuts.......then when he finds a fixer with a hacked motor swap for $4K, he'll think he got a screamin' deal and the seller will think "sweet, I found a sucker!" :)

If I had an extra 10k I would think very hard about it. Thats a damn fine lookin ride.

I also say throw it out there at 12k....ya never know

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If that person wants those rims/tires, that color of paint....yada, yada. If they want different rims or paint color....they won't want to go anywhere near 10K.

Your pricing is like mine with the NL.....if someone wants to give me $8k for it....it's gone. Is it worth that...no, but I'd be dumb not to jump on that deal :)

Worse case...you give him your price, he thinks you're nuts.......then when he finds a fixer with a hacked motor swap for $4K, he'll think he got a screamin' deal and the seller will think "sweet, I found a sucker!" :)

Mike. You are right on the money with my thinking. I think I'll call this clown and tell him $12K. See where it goes:lol::lol::lol: I have close to $7K in the f/n thing now. I've had more fun with this wagon than any other car I have put together. So it would take alot to get me to part with it. I dont think I would ever pay that much for it. But I have no problem spending that much to build one. :D

10K for that wagon...I say it would go for MORE to the right person from what I have seen here more people are wanting a wagon. like you said throw it out there and see what happens. My wagon is in my opinion no where as clean as yours and I had a guy offer me $6500 as a roller no engine or tranny at first I was like what the hell is this guy thinking :confused: then I added it up and had about 7k into it before I even did the FJ swap. just my 2 pennys... hate to see it go before I even get to see it in person but good luck with the sale

Clayton

10K for that wagon...I say it would go for MORE to the right person from what I have seen here more people are wanting a wagon. like you said throw it out there and see what happens. My wagon is in my opinion no where as clean as yours and I had a guy offer me $6500 as a roller no engine or tranny at first I was like what the hell is this guy thinking :confused: then I added it up and had about 7k into it before I even did the FJ swap. just my 2 pennys... hate to see it go before I even get to see it in person but good luck with the sale

Clayton

Yea. I told the wife last night what I was up to. She was like, I thought we were going to go to oregon in June with the goon. So I think I might have to hang on to till then.:D I did send some pic's to the guy but no answer yet. I'm sure he still trying to get his chin off the floor. So $12K plus shipping to New York. Is kicking his ass,:eek:

Yea. I told the wife last night what I was up to. She was like, I thought we were going to go to oregon in June with the goon. So I think I might have to hang on to till then.:D I did send some pic's to the guy but no answer yet. I'm sure he still trying to get his chin off the floor. So $12K plus shipping to New York. Is kicking his ass,:eek:

No problem. You find a runner for $5k-$6k and still drive to Canby.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.