Anyone know the guy who use to sell the datsun 510 carbon front spoilers?

Pedro

Hey Guys,

Does anyone happen to know the guy who was selling the carbon fiber front lower spoilers on ebay a while ago?

My brother purchased one off the guy and he insisted he had shipped it etc etc. Anyway, approx 6 months later hasn't shown up, just wondering if anyone had contact details or was in local contact with this person.

Ebay user id - drycarbonparts

Last correspondence;

Dear XXXXXX,

I have shipped the following item to you. You should be receiving it shortly.

It has shipped out several days ago via USPS so please let me know when

you do get it in!! I am very sorry for the delays in your order but you

will be pleased with it!

Item title: 68-73 DATSUN 510 CARBON FIBER LIP VALANCE HOOD BODY KIT

The total paid at the time was $270.00 US. The item was supposed to have shipped internationally to Australia but never arrived.

Any help appreciated, my brother just wants to forget about it but it's a decent sum of money and I'd like to at least get in contact with this guy.

Thanks

Martin

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother is in the process of contacting all those people in his feedback to see if he can get the contact details for the guy (like name, number address).

The thing that is bad is that this guy obviously had something to do with the datsun community and screwed alot of ppl.

At the time he took this guys word that he was indeed shipping the product because he had good feedback, unfortunately he missed his window to create a dispute or file something with paypal or ebay.

Edited by Pedro

Martin and all,

FutoFab has no affiliation with "drycarbonparts" or any eBay sales.

We have never used eBay for sales and will try to keep that as our last option due to the frequency of this exact type of situation. Any eBay activity I personally have done uses my actual name. We believe in being upfront in all sales and find that eBay allows for too many opportunities to be less than "open" with transactions.

That said, FutoFab purchased all of Joe Vondracek's QuikSkins molds and strives to reach the same quality that Joe put into making these pieces with every order. We are a small operation and make each part to order.

And yes ALL parts made by FutoFab are available in 100% vacuum bagged, carbon fiber with epoxy resin. No fiberglass fillers or polyester gelcoats. We use CF to be strong and light. A typical FutoFab CF 510 hood is in the 6-8# range while the OE steel hood is 29#.

Please feel free to browse our website. We will answer any questions that arise.

Dave Patten, Owner

www.FutoFab.com

Dunbarton, NH

Our taillight panel does spans the same distance/area as a stock steel panel does, but It does not have any special flanges to make the installation a simple "flange" mounted condition. It would require bonding or mechanical fastening the panel to the fenders using the edge of the original taillight panel as a flange. This would be an overlay type installation unless you wanted to rework the existing steel, recessing it, to make a flush connection.

As for strength, the panel should be plenty strong for street use. There are extra layers of CF added around the taillight openings for added support and once bonded onto the quarter panels at the sides, it will have significant strength.

The part was originally designed to be used for racecars were installation ease was a minor concern. In fact the rear molds are made in such a way that the entire back of the car (quarters and taillight panel, sans trunk lid) could be made into a one piece lift off part, kind of funny car style bodywork.

Here is a picture that gives you an idea of how these panels fit together to make a one piece rear bodywork.

Rear_Big_Box_and_Tail_Panel.jpg

Edited by Dime Dave
Add photo of rear body molds

Thanks for posting Dave, I honestly didnt think it was you anyway and I'd already seen your post on 510realm so all good there, keep making good carbon stuff for dato's!

The guy on ebay didnt sign any of his emails with even his first name, so that says something to me right there of what kind of character he was.

Hopefully someone will have some details eventually, even just to make some threats to force a refund.

you guys waited 6 months? :blink:

Yeah I wasnt following the progress of the delivery, but there were other factors taking up his time from chasing it up.

Just private stuff I wouldn't bother posting on a public internet forum. He'd basically accepted the loss.

I actually also got rorted by a guy in the US selling 5 stud z31 hubs, his email is reyebay@hotmail.com. Paid and gear never turned up, then he stopped responding to emails.. usual story. Thing was my brother bought the same gear from him and it turned up..

Anyway, life goes on, just wanted to see if anyone knew this guy off ebay.

So I dropped the guy an email just to see if he responded. I acted like I was enquiring about carbon gear. The guy is still very careful not to sign any of his emails with his name;

from DRYCARBONPARTS

to XXXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com>

date Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 5:16 AM

subject Re: carbon fibre parts

mailed-by gmail.com

hide details 5:16 AM (4 hours ago)

we don't, we have been out of business for about 4 months now. You can

contact the manufacture at mjcomposites@gmail.com

- Show quoted text -

On 1/8/09, wrote:

> Hi there,

>