Absolutely sweet 620 on Ebay

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Love the door panels and upgrades:D! I beleive this Gentleman Rebuilds L series engines and other Datsun goodies:) So im sure the truck was done right and worth his asking price:)!

Dont beleive hes on the Forum, but hes been to local shows in southern Ca.

i'd see it in person before i made any judgments (or bought it)

Yes, definately must check them in person. That's how I got my 620 (Ebay), got ripped so bad it still hurts to sit down! :mad:

At that point, I hadn't seen a lot of them for sale, and didn't know much about 620's, even though I had a 720 17 years ago. But it definately stoked my interest with the classic look (and no smog for my '73 ). Of course right after I bought it, I started seeing dozens of them all over craigslist [san Diego] in better shape than mine for crazy cheap.

This one's a bit pricey, but I could see how you could probably end up spending that sort of cash to get a 620 into the shape that one appears to be (if indeed it all matches up to the pictures and description).

btw, anyone ever seen the pdl and pw mods on a 620 before? Is there an aftermarket kit for this, or do you have to just adapt from another vehicle?

I recognize the Ebay seller name, its Al Allen. From my dealings with him he knows nothing about datsuns he is a total fake and a complete Ass hat! nothing against the truck it does look very nice. But I wouldn't trust him my .02

I recognize the Ebay seller name, its Al Allen. From my dealings with him he knows nothing about datsuns he is a total fake and a complete Ass hat! nothing against the truck it does look very nice. But I wouldn't trust him my .02

lmao

also, more annoying than rip-off sellers are the guys who keep saying "too bad it's not local," "too bad i don't got the money" i say "too bad you keep stinking up the classifieds with your sob stories"

:fu:

Well I don't know about being an ass hat. But he sure makes a good part time living selling datsun items. For a guy that knows nothing about datsuns. :eek:

Did he take money from you and not deliver? Did he steal from you?

This is info I need to know.

Do not know what or where you got your information..but...Al Alan is one of the most upright people I have ever dealt with. He knows a hell of a lot more about Datsuns than most of us know...His prices MAY be a little pricey, BUTwhat you get is prime equipment for your $$$$$ nothing has ever been mis represented. I have seen that truck more than a few times in person, looked it up and down, looked under and around it...I would have had NO problem buying that truck for that price. (My thing is buildin them, not buyin it already done..so that point is moot)..My RANT is jumpin on someone that has represented our little automotive "niche" well.................that is my 2 cents... Oh and I s'pose I now fit into the ASS HAT category...what the heck.........???

Do not know what or where you got your information..but...Al Alan is one of the most upright people I have ever dealt with. He knows a hell of a lot more about Datsuns than most of us know...His prices MAY be a little pricey, BUTwhat you get is prime equipment for your $$$$$ nothing has ever been mis represented. I have seen that truck more than a few times in person, looked it up and down, looked under and around it...I would have had NO problem buying that truck for that price. (My thing is buildin them, not buyin it already done..so that point is moot)..My RANT is jumpin on someone that has represented our little automotive "niche" well.................that is my 2 cents... Oh and I s'pose I now fit into the ASS HAT category...what the heck.........???

Hey Ron, Can I be an ass hat to :lol:

I have known Al for at least 12 years. I didn't want to go on a rant, But there are are a lot of ASS HATS that buy and sell on e bay. I don't think Al is one of them. He has gone out of his way to help me with alot of parts for my Z cars & the goon. I have ridden in the truck he just sold on e bay. It is SUPER NICE. The only proplem it had he fixed. That was the radiator was too small.

There are a few other people in the Datsun world that are far worse than Al. I won't name names but they are out there.

Just my .02

Ass hat # 3 chimimg in here. As mentioned I bought my L 18 from Al a few years back. I asked him a ? on his ebay ad & he got right back to me. He said if i drove up to get the motor he'd lower the price a bit. To me..thats a hell of a deal & doesnt sound like a person who just wants to make a buck. Ron & John...well said my friends.

PCD-Did you get one of his built motors? i have always watched his auctions and he seems to sell very nice motors. i know i'd love to have the LZ that is in that truck!

That truck hauls ass. :D

I have to say he has had a few problems with some builds, But he always makes it right.

The first motor I got from him had a small hole in the front timing cover that I don't think anyone would have seen. Long story short it jacked up the motor. All the fluids ran together.( Not good). So I took my wagon to the shop that built the motor. And he had them up grade me to an L20 from the L16. No extra $$$$. And they did all the work.:D

PCD-Did you get one of his built motors? i have always watched his auctions and he seems to sell very nice motors. i know i'd love to have the LZ that is in that truck!

Yeah i bought a Z 18 w a U 67 head & L 20 cam-valve train. John i remember you telling me that story..very kool & good business. 510er..what were your "dealings" with Al ?

Maybe selling for friends or something, he has been selling parts for a bit. Both of them have way more into them then the price. Only money pit bigger then a car is a boat lol.

Is he getting out of the Ratsun world. Selling off his rides. The white one definitly has over 7 grand into it.

Larry

Na he just gets something going, get's bored and then sells it. I don't think he made a lot of money on the 620. I know he has at least 6 in it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.