Absolutely sweet 620 on Ebay

i've known Al for about 6 years now and have bought from him on Ebay as well as sold him stuff. my latest purchase was a U67 head for my L20B and its on my truck almost 3 years now with no problems. he was even nice enough to meet me a couple miles from his house because i was in the big rig at the time and couldnt get into his neighborhood with the rig. i wasnt able to see this latest Datsun in person, however, i did see his '79 KC which i got a chance to drive...God what a beautiful truck!!! i also saw his 260z and yes it was "A2602NV"! IMO Al is a nice guy, and he knows his Datsuns and how to build them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here is a post from the 510 realm from me about Al Allen I will expand on it a bit

"I dont know if anyone has any experience with this guy but i have asked him several questions and he only responds with snotty quips about "custom" parts and "professional install required" he has yet to ever actually respond with an answer i bought some things from him and they showed up incomplete in my opinion and when i asked him about it he told me to take it to a professional.

I have built several award winning street rods and hot rods, i have been doing custom metal fabrication for years and have created several somethings out of nothing and he mocks me about not being mechanically smart enough to put a 510 together

I dont know if i just caught this guy on a bad day but i bought some front coil-overs from in off ebay and what i got did not match what was pictured or in the description. When i emailed him he would send me one-liners back like, take it to a pro and professional instal required. When i talked to him on the phone he did not sound very professional at all and couldn't answer really any of my questions.

This was my first time dealing with him and honestly it was not a good dealing. like I said maybe he was having a rough couple weeks but It rubbed me the wrong way.

No you guys are not Ass hats for defending the guy, by all means I am all about giving people second chances and by some of you saying that you have had positive dealings with him and he is a stand up guy. Hey maybe i was wrong.

Either way now that i have heard people have had good dealings with the guy I wont say anything bad about him unless i have ANOTHER bad deal with him which i do not expect.

I just hope the bondo/stucco slathered one pictured in your avatar wasn't one of them!

(j/k with you btw)

The avatar pic is of my dime the day i got it home, :lol::lol: there was way worse than that in the passenger side haha damn previous owners :fu:

Al can be a little snotty. He sells so much stuff on e bay he gets alot of noobs. I don't think he was telling you don't know how to install the item. But you know coil overs are not an easy install. That might have been where his responce came from. I'm not holding up for his snotty attidude. I've told him more than once to keep it toned down.

hey, he fits right in with all the other datsun parts sellers, so he's acting just the way he should

meanwhile, truck remains unsold ...

Sad but true.

Yea some guy hit the buy it now option before checking with his wife, :eek:

So I guess the dude gave Al the $350.00 for the ad, And ran home. So thats why it's back on the market.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.