Toy

jrbd10

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Techno toy is pretty well tried, many members on hybridz/zcar have been using them quite some time as well as the 510 community. I would have no apprehension using their products.

You want 280ZX brakes, anything from 1979 through 1983. Mine came from a '79. You will want to do something with the springs, as they will rub inside the wheel arches where your original struts went. You have two options at that point: 1) remove your old spring perches from the 710 struts and weld them to your 280ZX struts, or 2) remove the 280zx spring perches and go with coilovers. I went coilover option for more adjustability, just have to assemble everything. The struts will be available at the junkyard, I almost never go a day at the junkyard without seeing at least one 280ZX.

Don't worry, the only dumb question is the one not asked...

I still would get GreenBastards stuff.

1.it not a giant over priced company

2 look good works great

3 and he's local (for me)

and iam sorry zero " Don't worry, the only dumb question is the one not asked... "

Yesterday 10:48 PM

this has been dicused time and time again people need to start doing a little research its not that hard and you willl learn a lot more. i found this in 2.8 sec.

http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/articles/tech_280ZX_brakes.html and this

http://newprotest.org/projects/510/280zxStruts.pl

goggle is amazing ill i typed was 280 brake swap 510 and wow i learned a few things

omg shit im 17. Never done a major project no one to guide me and theres only so much to do and learn when you research but have no guidence. So you guys help me even though you think its repetative and annoying. Its your choice to read and respond. If you know you need to reach the ocean but your stuck in the desert, and have no sense of direction. You ask those who seems to know where to go.

Yeah! What he said!

Dont flame the noobs. We need people to join Ratsun. Yeah I know new people ask alot of the most simple questions. But! I think we need them to make this site be know/bigger datsun community.

That would totaly suck if I was new and needed help on how to navigate this site. A little advice wont hurt.

I know members who post more than 10 posts a day of useless info and they are still around asking pointless questions. :lol:

if your stuck in the desert, you got google maps, and a cell phone and you call someone to ask for directions instead of using the map? does that make sense?

try harder... thats my point... when I was 17 I pulled a 510 that had sat for 11years, out of a barn... the only help I had was a haynes manual. The brakes and lines were filled with crystalized brake fluid, I replaced it all myself with no help or advice. We can give you all the advice in the world, we could even do it for you... but if you aren't even "MOTAVATED" :D enough to do a LITTLE research on your own were wasting our time cause the car will never get done anyway.

Those of you who know... Dennis Leary's song just popped in my head! :lol:

I really have to post in agreement with freaky510 and zuum510. On this topic there are 2 kinds of people. The ones who read and research info not just for their current or future project but for their own knowledge base. Then there are the people who are too lazy or busy making bs excuses who bug the 1st guys. The 2nd type also have this habit of asking the same shit over an over because when you spoon feed someone they don't absorb as much. It has nothing to do with flaming the new guy or the more experiences guys being jerks to the younger people, it has to do with how annoying it is to explain the same shit over and over and over because people are too lazy to do their own research. We are all quite happy I'm sure to explain things when people don't understand, I have already seen it here many times, but when you can't even be bothered to google the base info I say FU.

None of that was personal just based on my personal forum AND real life experience. Now to be personal......

You want your father to spend 15k on a car given to you and you cant even be bothered to find out the front end is the same as the 510? Or even research the most popular brake upgrade available? Thats almost insulting.

That I'm 17yo bs doesn't fly either, at 15 I was balls deep in my fathers work vans. I bought my z32 at 18yo and rebuilt the motor to get it running, then z32tt at 19 same deal. I'll tell you as well at that time these kinds of forums were barely around if at all, the info wasnt all just lined up for you. I ended up being on a 1st name basis with every nissan tech at every dealer for 100 miles and I had entire manuals photocopied that took hours.

Point is you do what you can and learn along the way not sit there using age or w/e as an excuse and asking for hand outs. My advice stands, forget this bullshit, its over your head. READ READ READ READ, maybe when you graduate you'll be ready, in the meantime pick some simpler shit you can do to learn.

Welcome to Hybrid Z.

Ya thats a good point too. After all said in my previous rant I'd like to say too that the answer to every question shouldn't be "search" alla hybridz elitist.

In my opinion though a search should be done and question based on info found if at all not just blindly asking shit for the 500th time.

I said it in at least one of your other threads on the same fucking topic. Read every single 510 build thread you can find here and on the 510 realm. Especially the SR20 threads, not so much because of the SR20 content, but because almost all of them have a lot of relevant info - engine swap and suspension modifications.

Yup. We all know that a search is often extremely frustrating with voluminous pages of crap arguing questionable merits of this versus that. But yes the effort has to be made. Get a notebook and follow a lead until it is exhausted or disproved. Keep notes, research, wright facts and opinions down and move them from column to column as you learn the difference. Wright down any questions you have and check often it maybe they have been answered in your search. In a way you have to become almost an expert in something in order to ask a germane question.

Who the fuck spends $15K on their kids flavor of the month ride anyway???????? If you have a job start buying shit for your project and forget dad. Get his help on a part and pay him back before moving on to the next part. This should slow things down to match your learning curve. No one at your age should have a SR20DETT 510 for (example) a first project car. Start small and work your way up, how fast, is up to your abilities.

Edited by datzenmike