Wrecked my Hustler!!!

Jester

Was heading to work this morning about 5:30 and hit a patch of ice. It slid the ass back and forth about 3 times and finally spun all the way around tagging the front left corner on a concrete overpass, spun me around tagged the left side of the bed in the very back. Then spun me down the freeway a couple times and slid to sudden stop when the truck slid into the guard rail on the drivers side. I had to climb out my window and step over the guard rail from the drivers seat.

Took out the front fender, grill, bumper, wheel, and possibly the steering box. It is now pukeing out oil. The bed is f#cked!!!! Was perfect! Now the rear most lower panel, the corner and the light housing are f#cked. Hit so hard backward that is shoved the exhaust foward about 2". It has a nice new bend in the header pipe and ripped every damn one of the hangers. Also flipped the shackle backwards on the drivers side leaf spring for me.

I did manage to drive it home VERY SLOWLY!! I went out and took pictures tonight but my damn computer won't detect my camer being plugged in. I'll keep trying and get some pictures up.

Thinking it might become a parts truck for the KC now.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is probably fixable. The thing is the cost to make it happen. It would need new sheet metal on the front. Of coarse the same fender I need for the KC. It will need an alignment after I get a new wheel. Exhaust is screwed. The side maker and tail light area is hammered. I just can't justify spending the money to fix it when I want to get the KC going. I have been thinking of using it for part anyway.

Hell, I'm just glad I was able to drive it home and take the Jeep to work. I was only 20 minutes late to work today. :D

Guest DatsuNoob

Shit man, sucks to hear about the truck I liked that one, hope you're not banged up too bad. The roads up here suck too, just cleared up recently. Atleast you're not completely "620-less" though, right? I look forward to seeing what you're gonna do with the KC (more leg room anyway :D).

sorry to hear about your ride, the good part is u r ok, the truck is just material , your safety is worth much more, with that said, GET TO WORK ON THE KING KAB, lol:lol::lol::D

Thanks guys. I was pretty upset at first. It really was a great truck. That's why I bought a KC, so I could actually fit comfortably inside. Stuff happens for a reason. I guess I'm suppose to finish the KC sooner than I thought.

That way sucks. Sorry to hear but happy your ok. Keep us up to date on the kc and let us know what you might need. I imagine we could donate some parts in the spirit of X mas and all.

I am happy my 620 is up and running for this crap. I would prefer to bang it up than my 521 or 510.

The part that pissed me off the most is I was just commenting on how I didn't like driveing my Datto in the snow for lack of wrecking it. I have been driveing my Jeep instead. The one day I take the truck it gets f#cked up.:mad:

The part that pissed me off the most is I was just commenting on how I didn't like driveing my Datto in the snow for lack of wrecking it. I have been driveing my Jeep instead. The one day I take the truck it gets f#cked up.:mad:

maybe it was the tires that you said were the cheap walmart tire of a cheap tire :lol: i'm glad that you're ok and if you're going to part it how much would you sell the engine for?