Facebook MarketPlace sellers need slapped

I don't get it. They don't post a price, tell you to make an offer, you make an offer and they either ghost you or decline, with no counter. If you have a price in mind then state it. If I think it is overpriced then I will not waste your time. By not having the balls to list what they want, both of us waste time. Assholes. End of rant. 

• Like 7
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, frankendat said:

I don't get it. They don't post a price, tell you to make an offer, you make an offer and they either ghost you or decline, with no counter. If you have a price in mind then state it. If I think it is overpriced then I will not waste your time. By not having the balls to list what they want, both of us waste time. Assholes. End of rant. 

I just got on Facebook only for the market place,  and I will definitely agree with you...

One guy called me a scammer, I guess because my profile has nothing on it. 

How the hell could I scam a seller when I agreed to pay what he wanted...

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

I just got on Facebook only for the market place,  and I will definitely agree with you...

One guy called me a scammer, I guess because my profile has nothing on it. 

How the hell could I scam a seller when I agreed to pay what he wanted...

I too joined Facebook late and only for Market place and I had a guy call me a scammer. He wanted me to verify a bunch of information, it occurred to me that the best way to avoid being called a scammer was to call the other guy a scammer and I cut off communication. 

I have found some good deals on Market place, but not for some time. A seller will decide their bullshit is worth more and then all sellers raise their price. As a buyer, it is possible to get caught up in the hype, purchase the lowest price one you find and think you found a deal. Until you realize, the seller runs multiple Facebook accounts and has steered you into a sale.

Take my search for a 240sx upper and lower intake manifold: Pick and Pulls (when they were available (last year)) had them for under $100; out of State salvage still offers them for around $100, but shipping is a bitch $50+; found one on Facebook last week for $200, a higher price, but it was local and for a complete upper and lower. It sold quickly and I missed it. The Market place algorithm clocked me and 240sx manifolds started appearing in my feed, but all around $300. It is bullshit and trickery, when you step back from Market place and remember out of State salvage still carry them and NEW aftermarket upper and lower intakes can be found for $338+tax+shipping, it is easy to walk away. 

• Like 1

Wrecking yards are the same. Find something and they find one somewhere in the world where it sold for $200. I tell them you have 4 out there that have been there for years, how many did you sell in the last 5 years? Yea...... none. It's maybe worth $200 in Florida but here it's worth $50.

• Like 1

Forescore and about a week or some shit ago,  i put forth a go cart on Book of many Faces , that was in the way of cleaning yonder backyard.  Marked it at $200 sold it in less than 6 hours for $140. 

The three youths had pooled their savings to buy as project, and flew up about an hour and 45 from just north of Washington border. 

ZYk5xjH.jpg

Offered me $150.    i said if you can load that fucking thing  in your vehicle i'll take $140.

Said vehicle 

FFTepAn.jpg

DTd1bDb.jpg

Did i mention there was 3 of them also in that vehicle ?? 

I just noticed the license tags,,,,,   haha ,

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Aaaaaand with the money from that ,, i bought this and a few even more cooler things ,, he had in his storage, i aint showing pics of those 

Again off marketplace

nVvCQGb.jpg

I have been in negotiations for 2-3 weeks with another license plate dude that is pretty adamant he isn't ready to sell , even though he showed it in an ad. 

I have been talking to another dude off facebook about casting me a few fake frames instead,, but holy shit that is a wallet cracker

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 3

could try casting yourself, since you now have an original. i pack-ratted this el toro shift knob around for 30 years. i made a mold with silicone, then cast it in black urethane. $35 for the silicone material $40 for the urethane. was able to cast 3 with the amount of urethane i purchased. first one was the learning curve. great feeling to learn a new craft. not that my 3 dimension cast was difficult, nailed it the first try, yours could be, or is already, flat on the back side. making less opportunity for blemishes.IMG_3725.thumb.jpeg.4be30ef64ab0fd1e88d315f320f0c325.jpegIMG_3724.thumb.jpeg.d9dec52bb377ac90d7ca6c44f76f12e4.jpegIMG_3723.thumb.jpeg.ce2b3717885de0949ce637f565860d4a.jpeg

• Like 4
20 hours ago, xxmass said:

could try casting yourself, since you now have an original. i pack-ratted this el toro shift knob around for 30 years. i made a mold with silicone, then cast it in black urethane. $35 for the silicone material $40 for the urethane. was able to cast 3 with the amount of urethane i purchased. first one was the learning curve. great feeling to learn a new craft. not that my 3 dimension cast was difficult, nailed it the first try, yours could be, or is already, flat on the back side. making less opportunity for blemishes.IMG_3725.thumb.jpeg.4be30ef64ab0fd1e88d315f320f0c325.jpegIMG_3724.thumb.jpeg.d9dec52bb377ac90d7ca6c44f76f12e4.jpegIMG_3723.thumb.jpeg.ce2b3717885de0949ce637f565860d4a.jpeg

I don't have original ,, will have to change dealership name and location.

The Datsun symbols are same as Olympia one shown, but are smaller  

I was also thinking of asking around for someone remake in plastic using printer and having my friend coat it in the chrome paint stuff , to make it look real-er .. OR maybe spraying with hardware chrome paint might make look more like the dull old pewter look they have 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2024 at 9:49 AM, bananahamuck said:

Forescore and about a week or some shit ago,  i put forth a go cart on Book of many Faces , that was in the way of cleaning yonder backyard.  Marked it at $200 sold it in less than 6 hours for $140. 

The three youths had pooled their savings to buy as project, and flew up about an hour and 45 from just north of Washington border. 

ZYk5xjH.jpg

Offered me $150.    i said if you can load that fucking thing  in your vehicle i'll take $140.

Said vehicle 

FFTepAn.jpg

DTd1bDb.jpg

Did i mention there was 3 of them also in that vehicle ?? 

I just noticed the license tags,,,,,   haha ,

I would like to meet up with those kids in a few years. It sounds like the beginning of some good stories.  

I would like to meet up with those kids in a few years. It sounds like the beginning of some good stories.  

Edited by frankendat
my text went into the quote the first time

Just wait till you start trying to convince people to ship. They act like it's some kind of voodoo magic they've never heard of, nevermind dabbled in. And then if you finally do get them to agree to ship, they package the stuff like it's special needs day at the warehouse. 

Edited by thisismatt
  • Like 3