New 720 Owner. Under 25K miles, apparently...

777AIA

Hey folks, newly purchased 84 standard bed 720 owner here, just jumping in the forum to see what I'm in for. I bet I spent more on this truck than anybody in here, but after a few days driving, I'm not unhappy. My only issue seems to be a bit of oil smell I need to trace down... well, so far. Picked her up on BaT, and had her shipped home.

Has a nice new tonneau cover the former owner sourced and installed, before selling... and some key parts and bits. I'm debating tinting windows, which I hate to do, but... Phoenix. Took me forever to get tint off my old 914, so I probably won't. But, I am hunting some rain guards.

She presently shows under 24K miles, and from what research I am able to do, it appears accurate. Pretty amazing... In great shape.

I'll be poking around, and may drop by some local cars + coffees, if anybody else is into that...

My 720 as listed: https://gyazo.com/bb08a7924eb1199c6b4dcf88439e793a

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take a picture of the engine. Maybe someone put a Weber on and one of those silly blue filters on the valve cover. Perhaps the charcoal canister is disconnected. Could be several things. Could be normal for a 720 if you are used to modern cars.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 6:39 AM, datzenmike said:

Take a picture of the engine. Maybe someone put a Weber on and one of those silly blue filters on the valve cover. Perhaps the charcoal canister is disconnected. Could be several things. Could be normal for a 720 if you are used to modern cars.

Found the original BaT listing.

IMG_9407-1-scaled.jpg?fit=2048,1365

IMG_9412-2-scaled.jpg?fit=2048,1365

Edited by Crytek89

Looks nice!  I had a 86 720 when I was a young guy.  What a good rig.  Didn't look nearly as good as that truck!!!!   Keep up posted.  

Also describe the smell.  For sure engine oil?  

I also vote no on the tinted windows.  They look better not tinted.  But I guess if you are dodging the heat may be no choice.