Recycling?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Mike I was up in Canada on the east coast a couple of years ago and everyone's trash out in front of their houses were in clear plastic bags. No sneaking chopped up tires or whatever. Everyone's trash was clearly visible. 

Now when I am up in Maine the transfer stations are very expensive. The local rednecks solution is to dump their trash in the woods. I pay $2 a contractor bag to have trash picked up at my house. Local general store sells stickers to put on your bags. 

In Florida I get trash, recycling and yard waste picked up at the house but the bill is in your taxes.

You should just put your trash in Amazon boxes, & leave them on the porch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, angliagt said:

You should just put your trash in Amazon boxes, & leave them on the porch.

You have to live in the right neighborhood for that to work. Or the wrong neighborhood. LOL.

• Like 2

Last thing I recycled was a Ford 8n with loader this last November, cuz it wouldn’t fit on neighbors scrap pile . 

it kinda lives on on my other 8N and tires and rims on my Ford 3000 . And loader pivot points are going to be used on dump bed . 

AmlkktM.jpeg

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

You scrapped a Ford 8N? Why?

it lived outside in elements , about 1/8 mile from Pacific Ocean most of it life in a place accurately named Grayland ..  rusty is an understatement,,,, even tranny fill hole plug had rusted away so 3/4 full of water ..  

it was in my back yard for at least 20 years cuz to lazy to cut pumps and controls off because of mess it makes.  

kinda was saving steering and and front axles for my better 8N if I ever needed ,, but I found way better steering a guy had stored away ,, that has new bushings installed before his mechanic “helped” him with clutch.. lol 

Those reasons,,, And my good 8N doesn’t actually need anything 

• Like 1

Tried trading it to guy down road for the TO20 he has for yard art, to have extra parts for mine , but he didn’t wanna .. i dismembered it in front yard over the course of about 9 months so someone could have stopped if they wanted it. I would have given it to them . 

I have my own front yard , art  installation going already .. there’s a case-Davis scatback 430 and a very large TCM forklift so I’m good on that front .. and my oldest two sons cars 

I have currently running , but not actually using 

Ferguson TO20 

Ford 3000

A Toyota bucket loader 

running and using 

8N 

Kubota b7500 backhoe ( I think b for baby size) 

and a couple forklifts 

What I need is space so I’m getting rid of junk ,, but anyone that’s been to my place can tell you,,

it’s hard for me . 

• Like 1

Wife scraping driveway last March , with 8N to get rid of potholes her Amazon trucks put in it.. 

AAGamKj.jpeg

she does pretty good job ,, I think I’ll keep letting her … haha 

BJgmkWr.jpeg

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 3

I've been working on my wife's Dodge Nitro and tried welding some of the interior plastic back together. Plastic can be welded using heat and a filler rod of exactly the same plastic including the same color. Each different color of the same type of plastic has a different chemical composition. Not having a spare trim panel to use as filler I just melted across the cracks and breaks to hold it together, it's not as strong as new but at least it's not flopping around either. Based on this knowledge I can't figure out how the mixed batch of plastics they collect can actually be recycled. I am not able to find it right now but I think I heard about 20% new ore is needed to mix with the recycled steel, I know aluminum doesn't need any new ore so it is 100% recyclable. Take in your beer cans. Last summer I took an old aluminum canopy filled with aluminum scraps I had accumulated and got $158.00 for it.

2BhhEn2l.jpg  NvK7JWul.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...