Rims...post what you have & had

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who are you going through for rebarreling?

I have several friends that sent their wheels to Araya Wheels. http://www.arayawheels.com/ 

Did beautiful jobs. 

Plus their attention to detail is unsurpassed. 

My buddy Ryan had his Hoshino Impul G5 done there and they Cut and split the welded barrel and lip, they powdered and  remachined and diamond cut the face, cleaned up the rear barrel, added super aggressive custom stepped lips and high grade Hardware, and even remade the label to show the new specs. Notice it says "Impul Hoshino Racing by ARAYA". 

A great personal touch.  Oh, they also made the cap labels too. 

ArayaRyanImpulRebarrel2_zps93ac2fb7.jpg

ArayaRyanImpulRebarrel_zps24d10428.jpg

He does beautiful work, hes expensive but worth it.

MemoryFab also does some good work like this

As does 4TH UP JDM Imports

Araya wheels did my 13x7.5 -5 SSR mesh(if you look back at page 54). I can't put into words the amazing job they did on my wheels. All new hardware, lips are super sick,  even repolished the back of my wheels. A++ work. I have had 3 sets of wheels refinished/rebarreled and these are by far the cleanest. Also, Araya is the only rebarreler that will do a 13" wheel on the planet, it's the reason I used them.

Araya also does half barrel resizing as well. So if you want to save a little coin that's an option.

Araya wheels did my 13x7.5 -5 SSR mesh(if you look back at page 54). I can't put into words the amazing job they did on my wheels. All new hardware, lips are super sick,  even repolished the back of my wheels. A++ work. I have had 3 sets of wheels refinished/rebarreled and these are by far the cleanest. Also, Araya is the only rebarreler that will do a 13" wheel on the planet, it's the reason I used them.

Araya also does half barrel resizing as well. So if you want to save a little coin that's an option.

Half Barrel sizing? Like 14 to 14.5" diameter?

Those are sweet. What are they?

13x7 +-0 WEDS Zero Speed. You may not have seen them before because only about 5 sets are known to exist on the planet. And one google pic of some and mine are the only other set I've in this condition. I'm sure there was more made, and they're are more out there, that's just what I've seen on google and lots of research. I know on Kyusho shoe's it's considered to be a super rare wheel, how rare I dunno. I have the original sizing stickers on the barrels(all 4) and al 4 barrels are stamped on the outer shell. My friend in Japan who is very much into old school Japanese motoring has never seen a pair in person. He's 42.

• Like 1

Dunno if its different in the states but most wheel places here can do 13s, over here its finding someone the can do wheels over 18" thats difficult, well more finding someone who can make lips for wheels larger then an 18 haha. Smaller wheels are easy to have done here.  None the less Araya look to do amazing work! Havn't come across anywhere in Aus that puts that much attention to detail into their work! Love the custom sticker idea for re-barrelled wheels. 

• Like 1

Awe Yea!!

Picked Up #1 on my "Wheel Bucket List". Techno Phantoms!! :w00t:

Right now they are 14x6.5 +10 but after I rebarrel them for the will be the Cressida, they will be around 14/15"x9.5 -20/-30.

2015-01-08%2010.21.21_zpsont42x0b.png

Many times I almost bought these! Been following them on ebay. Congrats! (I will start kicking myself for not pulling the trigger now.)

• Like 1

That is incorrect. There are alot of wheel refinishers that do 13". Hell I will do them for you if you want lol.

Nothing that he does is rocket science, a trade secret, proprietary information, or difficult.

And he would not simply help me with me need for barrels alone. Since than I have had a bad taste in my mouth about him.

He does however do very good work, just pricey.

Of all your wheels Steve, those BBS are the ones that make me envious, nice score.

Haha really? Ive never been a HUGE fan of BBS's as they're too new styled for my cars, but want to give building a set a go, don't know what colour to go for the centres, kinda of want to go something out there, like a turquoise or teal, or seen some reallllly nice metallic bronze ones, but that limits to cars they will suit, so might settle for silver or gold, not too sure yet. Should have my powder coating gear here by times they land so these will be good to practice on. 

I was trying to win a 17x7 5x100 set for my gfs Polo, but even with 2 fucked lips, no caps or waffle plates ect still went for over 100,000Yen!!! Then tried to win a set of flat backed 5x114.3 set, so I could re-drill them to 5x100 but they also pushed 100,000yen! so settle for these for now to rebuild and probs sell so I can practice before I land some to build to fit the Polo. Seeing the prices good 5x100s hit im Kicking myself for letting a set of mint ewing IIIs in 5x100 slip by for 50,000Yen just before xmas now =(

These also arrived today! My first lot of 16" meshies, and fuck they look big in comparison to 13/14s I have haha

2015-01-20131444_zps2e0886a8.jpg

2015-01-20131448_zpscea3ff7f.jpg

They 16x8.5-8 Impul Mesh. Hoping to score a pair of 16x8-5 that are up for auction this week! Will make a awesome sized set! 

That is incorrect. There are alot of wheel refinishers that do 13". Hell I will do them for you if you want lol.

Nothing that he does is rocket science, a trade secret, proprietary information, or difficult.

And he would not simply help me with me need for barrels alone. Since than I have had a bad taste in my mouth about him.

He does however do very good work, just pricey.

Really, because I called like 10 shops, googled a bunch, sent emails, etc...and all of them said they don't do 13" sizing. That's awesome you do 13" though.

Really, because I called like 10 shops, googled a bunch, sent emails, etc...and all of them said they don't do 13" sizing. That's awesome you do 13" though.

I can do whatever I want as long as I can get the blanks. Nobody who does wheels makes their own barrels, that includes HRE, Asanti, Fifteen52, basically if you make wheels, you dont make the forging,  center or the barrel blank yourself, doesnt matter how big you are, unless your Rays Engineering, BBS, or Enkei. We all buy them from suppliers in raw, freshly spun, blanks, then we drill the holes and bore the center, then have them polished and/or coated/plated/annodized.

I know 2-3 shops that will do 13" barrels.

• Like 1