Rims...post what you have & had

I can do whatever I want as long as I can get the blanks. Nobody who does wheels makes their own barrels, that includes HRE, Asanti, Fifteen52, basically if you make wheels, you dont make the forging,  center or the barrel blank yourself, doesnt matter how big you are, unless your Rays Engineering, BBS, or Enkei. We all buy them from suppliers in raw, freshly spun, blanks, then we drill the holes and bore the center, then have them polished and/or coated/plated/annodized.

I know 2-3 shops that will do 13" barrels.

Awesome...I'll have to check in with you next time I need wheels done. There's a place that sells 13" barrels but they wouldn't sell them to me for some reason, I can't think of the name of the place. Maybe you have to have a business license or something, when I think of it I'll let you know.

Also all the folks looking for 13" tires I may have a hook up soon, when it's solid I'll pass the info.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went from winning nothing to winning a few auctions!

Got these 14x7 SSR mesh-

Mehshhhh_zpsca7d76c5.jpg

Meshh_zpsd84a1242.jpg

and these 13x7.5 Mk2s in 4x110 to go to the same guy that bought the 13x8" pair I had-

mk2_zps38d1501b.jpg

And won some 13x6.5 or 7" SSR Star Sharks, seller wasnt sure of the exact size, but cheap enough so even if they are 6,5s ill be happy. Unfortunately the seller deleted the photo once the auction ended and I hadnt saved them =(

• Like 2

Awesome...I'll have to check in with you next time I need wheels done. There's a place that sells 13" barrels but they wouldn't sell them to me for some reason, I can't think of the name of the place. Maybe you have to have a business license or something, when I think of it I'll let you know.

Also all the folks looking for 13" tires I may have a hook up soon, when it's solid I'll pass the info.

ASA, ARS or Triangle Tool?

Definitely keep us informed on the 13" tires, I am not big on 13"s myself, but I have a lot of buddies that LOVE 13s.

Did you by chance win a set of techno phantoms Steve?

We needed to get together and make sure we're not bidding against eachother. Lol

haven't won any Phantoms for agesssss haha there is a pair and set currently up the I might to try to win though, depending how high they go that is.

But yeah defs need to make sure were not driving the prices up on each other! You bidding on much at the moment?

I did score these reallllly cheap tho!

SSRMK2s14x856_zpsbf8ba8bc.jpg

SSRMK214x8562_zps58a1102f.jpg

SSRMK214x8561_zpsa4dd6e6a.jpg

14x8.5+6! Need a lot of work and one bad dent but for the price well worth it!

• Like 1

Those are sweet, but good lord what did the previous owner do to them!!!

Haha guessing they were sprayed black to save polishing to and probs used for skidders

Will clean up nice though =)

These arent even the worst condition wheels ive bought! guess coz theyre so common over there they don't treat them with as much care as we would. 

haven't won any Phantoms for agesssss haha there is a pair and set currently up the I might to try to win though, depending how high they go that is.

But yeah defs need to make sure were not driving the prices up on each other! You bidding on much at the moment?

14x8.5+6! Need a lot of work and one bad dent but for the price well worth it!

I almost got a set of Phantoms for 1k US shipped. Didn't post as much as I would have paid. Next time i will bid my max.

But did get a set of sweet rare Migu's for $400 shipped. They look like SSR MKII but with 4 extra thin spokes. Going to rebarrel them and they are going to look bad ass and not like all the other mkII's.

Most of the wheels i will be getting will be super weak specs and damaged lips cause all i want are the faces to rebarrel.

I almost got a set of Phantoms for 1k US shipped. Didn't post as much as I would have paid. Next time i will bid my max.

But did get a set of sweet rare Migu's for $400 shipped. They look like SSR MKII but with 4 extra thin spokes. Going to rebarrel them and they are going to look bad ass and not like all the other mkII's.

Most of the wheels i will be getting will be super weak specs and damaged lips cause all i want are the faces to rebarrel.

Oh nice, not too many Migu's around, I almost bought a set a while back, kicking myself now that I didnt! 

Shame about the Phantoms =( always sucks when rare wheels slip through for less then you were willing to pay.

Ive thought about buying to re- barrel, but theres only a few place local to me that can/will split and weld and they charge a fortune, one place used to charge $50 a wheel to cut and weld, then his son took over the shop and now its close to $200 a wheel just to cut and weld :/ then the price if the lips on top.. 

There is a place here that will rebarrel for $1200-$1500. That includes machining, lips, barrels, stripping, powder coating, hardware, valves, reassembly, and custom spec labels. With the right set of wheels, they can be worth 2000-2500. That's a nice investment ;)

Thats pretty good! But even at those prices would be hard to make money off the wheels, adding the buy price to the 1500$ would put them over 2K.. but for wheels you plan on keeping well worth the investment! =)

Also those Phantoms!  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  WOW!  What are the specs on them? look to have some crazyyyyy negative offset!

I also scored these-

impoul16x8-5_zpsd072c436.jpg

They're 16x8-5 and due to their bad condition got them for stuff all haha

They're to make a set with the 16x8.5-8s I just got.. They have defs seen better days, lips are pretty bad and one crack on the inner barrel, but will be a nice challenge to restore them! Hoping my powder coating system gets here before them so I can test that out on the faces!

Only downside is they the type that support the aero covers so have a different style centre cap (metal cap with a split pin) I can get the caps easy enough but just wont fully match the 8.5s.. But will still make a awesome sizes set! 

• Like 1

So those are Hoshino Impul Pro Mesh.

I have a set of those with the aero covers.

I think you posted a photo of them in this thread? SO jealous! haha 

Ive bid on a few sets of the aero covers, but never win. Cant bring myself to spend more then the cost of a set of wheels for just covers, as cool as they are!

There is a set of New Old Stock Volk 84C aero covers up at the moment, starting bid is about $800 Aud! 

• Like 1

Technos here in So Cal .make him an offer maybe ?http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/4831965666.html

Been following these on Ebay. Think I might jump on them. From what I've read the size/offset should work on a non-flared 510. I know there not 2 or 3 piece wheels, but you have the clean look and the illusion of deeper lip without all those bolts.

But I don't know alot about JDM rims as I've just been rocking Z 7-spokes. Any reason not to grab these?

I'm selling my hayashis if anyone is interested.

But Fisch, pick em up. I saw those rims in person I believe, loved em!

Just about ready to pull the trigger, and then found out I am going to Japan in April. Makes me wonder if I should wait and grab something over there. I am curious what the prices would be like? I love these, but wonder if I could find some Techno Phantoms over there. That would win the day for me.

• Like 1

Just about ready to pull the trigger, and then found out I am going to Japan in April. Makes me wonder if I should wait and grab something over there. I am curious what the prices would be like? I love these, but wonder if I could find some Techno Phantoms over there. That would win the day for me.

From my experience you'll find some wheels over in Japan at Upgarage and a few other places, but they aren't they great priced (still cheap compared to locally though, just not as good as Yahoo can be) and old rare old school wheels aren't common in upgarages, I went to about 6 or 7 Upgarage stores while I was over there and only saw a hand full of old school wheels-

Set of 6-6.5" Star formulas

pair of 13x7 mk3s

some mk1s again about a 6-7"

Xr-4 Longchamps

Saw even less the second time I went.

You might get lucky and be there at the right time and get something super rare/cool but I troll their website looking for good deals and am yet to buy anything off there as Yahoo always has something better too offer.

Plus unless you're hiring a car it wont be fun taking them with you on a train home haha

• Like 1