4-Link and gas tank on a 620

eon

So Ive been looking at swapping over to a 4-link on my 620 and wanted to know if there is a way to set one up, with a watts link or a panhard bar, and keep the stock gas tank. If not does anyone have a relocated fuel cell with the filler neck going back to the stock location?

Thanks!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, eon said:

So Ive been looking at swapping over to a 4-link on my 620 and wanted to know if there is a way to set one up, with a watts link or a panhard bar, and keep the stock gas tank. If not does anyone have a relocated fuel cell with the filler neck going back to the stock location?

Thanks!

Watts link setup you can use the stock tank at the stock location. A triangulated  4 link, you cant

27 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Mount the fuel cell where the spare tire is kept. Fill from the rear.

Where in the rear?

2 minutes ago, Farmer said:

Watts link setup you can use the stock tank at the stock location. A triangulated  4 link, you cant

In this setup where would my shocks go? in between the axle and the watts link?

21 minutes ago, eon said:

Where in the rear?

50 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Mount the fuel cell where the spare tire is kept. Fill from the rear.

Behind the axle and shocks, between the frame rails. Where the spare tire is stored.

6 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Behind the axle and shocks, between the frame rails. Where the spare tire is stored.

No I meant where do you fill from? I've only seen setups like that fill through the bed, which is pretty inconvenient.

10 hours ago, eon said:

Where in the rear?

In this setup where would my shocks go? in between the axle and the watts link?

With the Watts link it's basically a 3 link plus the watts keeping it centered....

2 links are straight and would bolt to stock leaf spring front mounts... then the 3rd is in the center over the driveshaft.... the coilovers and watts are all behind the axle... gas tank stays in place....

I did my 521 which has basically the same frame except our gas tanks are opposite.

20210123_164506.thumb.jpg.a2f0bb847aa1f904602f90d45bc92a90.jpg

With gas tank in place....20210131_131446.thumb.jpg.4ee6e4b9fb23dea03136fdd9520186d0.jpg

I will add I had to lower the tank slightly due to some geometry correction with the front crossmemeber,  in hind sight I could have redone the front center link bar mount but I liked the forces pushing against the bar not just the tabs... so I chose to relocate the filler kneck.....

20210506_121059.thumb.jpg.e724a916e0c3778c318bcd5803bde592.jpg

18 minutes ago, eon said:

@Crashtd420 - Damn that's perfect! Where did you get the watts link from?

The kit was from beebani.. he was here and on ebay maybe facebook(don't have).... 

I don't know if he is making them anymore.., some people had issues with some of the parts he made... i think it was mostly his control arm ball joint upgrade... his link kit was pretty good, other than some geometry issues which depending on how you set it up it may or may not matter... 

As is the bars end up parrell,  stroffgren suggested some info about anti-squat angle or something... which is why I lowered the front bar......

Screenshot_20201230-121857_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

You can be pretty creative with the 4 link pbar locations.  I'm going outside frame on mine but have a tray back and wider rear axle (GQ patrol) gains about 75mm each side.  These will.keep.tank stock most likely and run either home made watts or bought one.

Checkout Garage Fab on you tube for some great 3 4 link info.

• 2 weeks later...

Do a google search for "3 link calculator" to help with setting up the geometry. If you need any guidance on what the geomtery should look like, let me know. I'd be glad to help.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjij7uqxL-DAxWsIDQIHcffCtQQFnoECAYQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.crawlpedia.com%2Ffiles%2F3_link_calculator.xls&usg=AOvVaw3P6PyAR3Q6JEGhxqw0d2ib&opi=89978449

image.thumb.png.cea09aaa3cfbe833c856d03b812a51cc.png

• Like 2