Clutch slave cylinder help!

traaviiee

Hello. I just recently purchased a 1967 Datsun 411 station wagon the 4 door sedan. Does anyone know of a clutch slave cylinder that will fit this model from other models? A buddy of mine and I were trynna clear the air from the lines and adjust it for the time being but it did something unfortunately. I came back a few days and the fluid was all drained. We broke a seal or something. Any suggestions or maybe what models fit the same clutch slave cylinder. Thank you! 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

521 has correct thread pitch but has fittings coming out end so it usually won’t fit . 

You have to change the fitting end or get an adapter ,,, BUT a B210 slave will fit pretty close .. Go on Rockauto to check shape . 

Depending on R or J it might take a tiny bit of artistic grinding 

@]2eDeYe  can help with the part number ( link) for thread adapter 

• Like 1

Did the 411 use torsion bars or coil on the front. The 520/521 has the fitting in the end to clear the torsion bars, car slaves are on the side.

A picture would sure help with this.

The majority of slaves are 3/4"diameter. The rubber cup seal inside is used on every slave through the '80s with the exception of the A10 and S10/S110. Was last used on the 2000 Pathfinder. The housings may vary but the internals seem to be the same by part number.

At worst case buy one for a 510 or 521 and swap the internal worn parts.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

521 has correct thread pitch but has fittings coming out end so it usually won’t fit . 

You have to change the fitting end or get an adapter ,,, BUT a B210 slave will fit pretty close .. Go on Rockauto to check shape . 

Depending on R or J it might take a tiny bit of artistic grinding 

@]2eDeYe  can help with the part number ( link) for thread adapter 

That was a long time ago 🙂

You should be able to find any adapter you need on mcmaster.com

Or have a custom line made a local 4x4 or hotrod shop. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, traaviiee said:

@datzenmikesorry for the late reply to everyone. I work a lot unfortunately. Yes it was the 3/4 I did find one I think. We cleaned this one out an everything looked fine so we put it back an is working great. I have a picture I'll have to learn how to share it on here though lol. 

Once you have enough posts you will be able to upload oics directly to the forums

On 9/11/2023 at 8:39 AM, datzenmike said:

Did the 411 use torsion bars or coil on the front. The 520/521 has the fitting in the end to clear the torsion bars, car slaves are on the side.

A

it's a double wishbone type thing ,, 

6bhMTM5.jpg

Edited by bananahamuck
  • 2 weeks later...

What does the clutch slave look like?

Does it look like this?

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-Push-Type-Clutch-Release-Slave-Cylinder,1944.html

image.png.4823e2462dfec05276b13d7569746977.png

If so, I used one of these on my Austin Healey Sprite trans, and it bolted right up. Given the strong connection between Datsun/Nissan and BMC, I wouldn't be surprised if this cylinder fits.

Stock operating cylinders are 3/4" and this is 15/16". That's 25% larger diameter and 56% larger internal volume than needed, so the master will most certainly not provide enough fluid to extend it to the full travel. Stock travel is 1.18"