Oil Filter Hitting Engine Bracket - L20B Swap

SupDoc

So, I finally dropped the L20B into my 510. I slotted the bolt holes in the engine brackets about 1/4", to let it sit lower. But now I can't screw in the oil filter because it hits the bracket. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I just raise that side of the engine enough to clear the filter (and hope the valve cover doesn't rub the hood)?

IMG_0100.thumb.jpg.089eb8974e52844ca01905127897ed4b.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You could possibly use a remote adapter on there. I think a remote adapter is a bit smaller in diameter than the original filter. No guarantees, but it is worth a try.

Don

3 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

You can also do a shorter filter....

I had that issue in my 521.... rubber engine mounts were hard to find so I used what's available and rebuilt the bracket.... this ment I couldn't use a standard filter.... 

Shorter or smaller filter. I forget the number, but there is a filter with a slightly smaller diameter.

I couldn't get the same angle as you but, This is an OEM filter 15208-W1106. On an L18 block using 510 mount brackets. If you need pics from the front angle, let me know and I can take the alternator off.

xXtsfpO.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, KELMO said:

I couldn't get the same angle as you but, This is an OEM filter 15208-W1106. On an L18 block using 510 mount brackets. If you need pics from the front angle, let me know and I can take the alternator off.

xXtsfpO.jpg

Cool, I'll give this a try. Just ordered one on Ebay.

Edited by SupDoc
  • Like 1