Ferrari Bone Yard

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

That first car, the 500... Imagine attempting to restore that car.

I'd give it a shot, little worse than my 510 but it'd be worth a bit more once finished. Doubt I could ever scratch up enough to buy the pile though.

• Like 1

Wow!  Love this stuff.  We had a customer with a 1971 GTB/4 Daytona (second one in video) that had some mods.  He was involved in the classic Ferrari scene, went to events.  6+ years ago, out at Montery, he saw a white 250GT that was beat to hell, turned out the guy was from right here in Golden!  Jeff bought it around 1968 wrecked, he & brother "fixed it up" & drove it daily for a number of years.  That car ended up at Ignite Performance where I worked, to get it running again.  It was horrible.  He had a 2L Coke bottle as a gas tank, it fit down inside the LeMans fuel filler neck, a RUBBER PLUG in the oil pan drain, a short piece of PVC pipe jammed on the steering shaft to hold the steering wheel on, mostly original under the hood (and I mean original fuel hoses etc!!!) & one hell of a rats nest for wiring!  That car tuned out to be a 1957 250GT TDF that raced at Nurburgring etc, ended up in the States in the early-mid 1960's!  He claimed he an open offer of $10 million, but passed!!  He kept it in his jam packed hoarders garage, with plain old insurance on it!!!  Jeff passed away in the last 2 years, we do not know if the family still has the car....................

• Like 2