FYI - My buddy is selling one of his 510s

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is cool!  A local buddy has a RATTY cactus green CA18DET car that is rusty, minimalistic interior, full Autopower roll cage that we welded in, drives it EVERYWHERE!  Another local buddy is RATTY multi-colored, rusty, L series (he just stuffed in an L16 I sold to him last weekend, was clean but of unknown condition, runs GREAT!!)  He & wife have traveled coast to coast, over 100k miles! 😎  There's something about having a classic car that does NOT have a nice paint job............😁

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, yenpit said:

That is cool!  A local buddy has a RATTY cactus green CA18DET car that is rusty, minimalistic interior, full Autopower roll cage that we welded in, drives it EVERYWHERE!  Another local buddy is RATTY multi-colored, rusty, L series (he just stuffed in an L16 I sold to him last weekend, was clean but of unknown condition, runs GREAT!!)  He & wife have traveled coast to coast, over 100k miles! 😎  There's something about having a classic car that does NOT have a nice paint job............😁

I am always on the lookout for original paint vehicles, even if the paint is nasty. Like you said, there's something about patina that gets me.

Some of my favorite builds are complete chassis overhaul, repower with LS3 and powder coat the entire frame and drivetrain. Super new underneath. I then put the crusty body back on the beautiful chassis. You'd think it wouldn't work, but it does. The overall look is worth the extra effort.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

Coast to coast 20 times?

They drive it all over the country!  I met him shortly after moving here 10+ years ago, had the car then............

On 8/2/2023 at 8:35 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

This car really is very clean, and I want my friend to get top dollar, so we've decided to roll the dice and send it to BaT for auction.

That will be very interesting. I don't watch BAT on the regular but like seeing the ones Carter posts links to. I do not recall seeing a "Ratsun" type / style so far.

• Like 1