Floor mat options for a 510/wagon?

benzo

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Front floor, mid floor or a rear cargo mat?  I have OEM rubber front mats, but almost every LH mat has wear, often a hole where the heel rested.  Our upholstery guy said he could "stitch" in a new heel pad, but it would be obvious as a repair.  I have an OEM grey rear cargo mat, just haven't scrubbed it to clean it, cuz its cold here in Colorado, so not sure if stained etc!  PM if interested!

TJ

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, benzo said:

@Stoffregen Motorsports Thank you for chiming in on this. I'll look into it

@yenpitI was mainly looking for the front but having or making a rear would be nice for a cleaner look. Thanks for the offer. I may just get some carpet locally and make one.

You can cut carpet & have an upholstery shop "bind" the edges for a really clean look!  If you use the car, you should also have the upholstery shop sew in a heel pad! 😁

@yenpit yes there's a shop I used that redid my passenger seat so will talk to them about binding the edges. I might just get those BRE non labeled floor mats as the price isn't too bad. Figure for my time and energy searching for stuff it would pay for it but then again the search can be fun and info shared can help others.

@Stoffregen Motorsports Yeah I know right. I am glad I kept certain items.

@bradicuss Thanks for the info. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, benzo said:

I may just get some carpet locally and make one.

This is what we did on one of the 1200's. Fortunately, Missus Kelmo can sew and she did the binding for the mats/carpet. It also helped that we had a template.

• Like 3