New 411 owner

Rich Lee

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself...and show off my first 411.

I know parts are tough to come by but this one is actually in pretty good shape, runs great, interior is really good with some funky seat upholstery.

im looking for an extra set of coils so that i can keep the originals and cut a coil or so off a new set to drop it a touch.

Also researching some new wheels...i want to bump up the diameter a bit...maybe 15x6...looking at wheels like panasport.

here are come pics.

later

IMG_9332.jpg

IMG_9293.jpg

IMG_9296.jpg

IMG_9313.jpg

IMG_9357.jpg

IMG_9344.jpg

IMG_9354.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! I may be hitting you up for some detailed interior shots when I finally get to that stage.

Are you sure this is a 411? The drooping curvature of the rear fenders, the lower trunk lid and the tail lights look like a 410 to me.

P.S. You don't have the chrome trim on the drip rails.

Those tail lights are on pre-April '66 411's, too, although those look like '65 410 hubcaps. Hard to tell 410's from early 411's. Best way I know is the VIN and what motor? E1 = 410, J13 = 411

Edited by ppeters914

Hey Thanks guys!

im excited about this little thing...its fun as hell to drive...

anyone have any 411 front coil springs they want to sell me?

MikeRL411 - the data plate in the engine bay says its a 66 PL411...my research has told me that 66 had those kinds of tail light lenses. also...the droopy rear seems to be common in all 411's...im sure its got parts from different years though.

ppeters914 - let me know what pics you want and ill grab'em.

MikeRL411 - the data plate in the engine bay says its a 66 PL411...my research has told me that 66 had those kinds of tail light lenses. also...the droopy rear seems to be common in all 411's...im sure its got parts from different years though.

Got it, a very early 411.

ip7ejs.jpg

Not all 411 have droopy drawers rear fenders. The early 410 rear quarter panel had an ugly crease that followed the line of the chrome strip below the door but really didn't look good. Pinin Farina froofrah. The cleaned up trunk lid on the later versions makes the whole rear look better. Congratulations again. If you ever want to chrome the drip rails, stainless steel door edge trim material should be the closest look. Some folks use the "chrome plastic" type but it's too thick.

Wow! Not too many folks in the US remember the Cortina. Buddy had one; drove the pi$$ out of it and it just kept running.

the only way i remember the ford cortina is my dad use to takes us over these paved hills buy our house really fast and we would jump them and our heads would hit the roof i was like 7 or 8 hahaha