My 1979 Datsun 620 Daily Driver Project

Mandingo

I got this truck last month from a little lady here in Colorado springs. She had owned it for the last 27 years. The last 5 years she only drove it about 200 miles. It has 93k miles on it and runs great. My goal is to restore it to a clean strong running daily driver. So far these are the things i've done to it.

Things i've done: removed camper and camper mirrors, rear bumper, smog crap, cleaned interior and reulpolstered seat and shifter boot, oil change, changed all filters, cleaned carb, tinted windows, greased all linkage, changed pcv

Things I need to do: (big list)

I will photo update as things progress

Here is a picture when I first bought her

HPIM0333.jpg

The interior when I got it

HPIM0335.jpg

Reulpolstering in progress

HPIM0336.jpg

Edited by Mandingo
update
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome home, and nice truck, as stated good starter truck, and making good progress also, what plans do u have for it?, keep up the clean work :)

Thanks, I plan on a basic clean running daily driver. I plan on going through her section by section, little by little, bodywork, undercoating, bedliner, shocks, wheels, tires, ect. just making her mechanically solid and looking nice :)

don't take off your egr you won't have anywhere to put your pcv valve.that engine compartment is super clean,does that a/c work?

I'll have to take another look, I thought the PCV was connected directly to the manifold, If not I'll have to come up with way to remove the EGR and still have a vaccuum for the PCV hose, no big deal either way.

Yes, the AC does

Thanks for everyones great comments

I will continue to post as things progress:)

Edited by Mandingo

on my 79 it was screwed in to the egr,and theres only one other hole in the intake where the brake booster hose goes to(unless you make a hole)this is what i did and i guess im goin to thread a hole in the plate i made like one of the guys here suggested.346113170_1188685739_0.jpg[/img]346112973_1188685028_0.jpg[/img]

• 4 months later...

hi everyone i am new here i just got my 2nd 620 its a 74 short bed single cab automatic and it use to have a/c i am going to build a show truck out of it and would love to have the a/c blowing snow balls at me so can any 1 help me with a/c pics on there truck tips or pointers :confused i live in phoenix az gotta have a/c:confused:i will add pics when i figure out how to do so

hi everyone i am new here i just got my 2nd 620 its a 74 short bed single cab automatic and it use to have a/c i am going to build a show truck out of it and would love to have the a/c blowing snow balls at me so can any 1 help me with a/c pics on there truck tips or pointers :confused i live in phoenix az gotta have a/c:confused:i will add pics when i figure out how to do so

You'll get better response if you start your own thread under the Project Section. That way it will be your very own thread about your ride. And dont forget, You'll need to post alot of pics.:D Welcome to the site

Larry

You'll get better response if you start your own thread under the Project Section. That way it will be your very own thread about your ride. And dont forget, You'll need to post alot of pics.:D Welcome to the site

Larry

Thanks for the welcome, I will post a thread on my 6twanky . I met with a guy name Tom , better known as dat620. He is a really cool person , and he is hooking me up with with a lot of parts . Pics are coming soon thanks Daniel .

Nice block off plate. All you need to do now is thread the hole for the PCV, get a hose with a right angle bend and start selling them as a kit:thumbup:

Why not just do it the easy way and swap that intake manifold out for an L16 manifold. ;)

No EGR then, and the manifold is a lot cleaner...