MINI TRUCKS ONLY

Hi, I’m Don and I owned MINI TRUCKS ONLY, a shop devoted to only MINI trucks in mid-Indiana in the 80’s and 90’s. Some of my custom vehicles were featured in MINI TRUCK magazine, and prior to that TRUCKIN’ magazine. We advertised in both magazines monthly for years.

I moved to Arizona in the late 90’s and brought my inventory with me. Have been selling some pieces, but now I’m ready to sell it all. All parts are NOS (New Old Stock) fenders are still in original wrap, bumpers are in original wrap, grille guards and brush guards are in original box.

Shipping would be huge, so I am asking to have pickup at my location only on these parts for CASH ONLY. I am located off of I-40 approximately 35 miles east of Needles, CA.

I also have many other 720 parts that I will advertise on the sale part of this website. We were dealers for  HOUSE OF STEEL grille guards, and OFFENHAUSER as well as several others and all items are NOS (New Old Stock) still in the original box. Again, shipping would be a problem, so am requesting these be picked up.

For a complete list and prices, you can contact me at thru this forum or text 928-766-2338.

• Like 1
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, hotrod60 said:

Hi, I’m Don and I owned MINI TRUCKS ONLY, a shop devoted to only MINI trucks in mid-Indiana in the 80’s and 90’s. Some of my custom vehicles were featured in MINI TRUCK magazine, and prior to that TRUCKIN’ magazine. We advertised in both magazines monthly for years.

I moved to Arizona in the late 90’s and brought my inventory with me. Have been selling some pieces, but now I’m ready to sell it all. All parts are NOS (New Old Stock) fenders are still in original wrap, bumpers are in original wrap, grille guards and brush guards are in original box.

Shipping would be huge, so I am asking to have pickup at my location only on these parts for CASH ONLY. I am located off of I-40 approximately 35 miles east of Needles, CA.

I also have many other 720 parts that I will advertise on the sale part of this website. We were dealers for  HOUSE OF STEEL grille guards, and OFFENHAUSER as well as several others and all items are NOS (New Old Stock) still in the original box. Again, shipping would be a problem, so am requesting these be picked up.

For a complete list and prices, you can contact me at thru this forum or text 928-766-2338.

Happy to tell my friends about your stash. Do you have any kind of list or maybe even some pics of the mountains of parts?

720 DATSUN TRUCK PARTS (NOS)      
6/1/2022              
          picture    
              Price
Part No.   Description       QTY Each

16349   GRILLE GUARD BLACK       2 $100.00
    ( HOUSE OF STEEL)          
    4X4 80-83 – 3” ROUND          

46349   BRUSH GUARD BLACK       1 $50.00
    (HOUSE OF STEEL)          
    4X4 80-83          

76412 RH 720 FENDERS (80-86) (63112)     yes 7 $70.00

76413 LH 720 FENDERS (80-86) (63113)     YES 3 $70.00

62023-1 720 2WD STOCK FRONT BUMPER       1 $100.00

62023-4 720 4WD STOCK FRONT BUMPER       1 $80.00

10660 720 CHROME REAR BUMPER W/DIAMOND PLATE       1 $130.00
    TOP & BRACKET (80-83) REFLEXION          

DVW1090 720 REAR SLIDING WINDOW 80-82 KING CAB       2 $35.00

SV720 720 VISOR 720 DATSUN (FIBERGLASS)       1 $60.00

FS720 720 FRONT SPOILER (FIBERGLASS)       2 $20.00

FLARES 720 FRONT FIBERGLASS FENDER FLARES       1 $20.00

ALL ITEMS ARE FOB YUCCA, AZ. SHIPPING TO BE DETERMINED AT            
    TIME OF SHIP. ONLY SHIP TO LOWER 48 USA states.          

WE ONLY ACCEPT CASH.

928-766-2338

YUCCADUDE@HOTMAIL.COM

• Like 2
18 hours ago, hotrod60 said:

SV720 720 VISOR 720 DATSUN (FIBERGLASS)       1 $60.00

FS720 720 FRONT SPOILER (FIBERGLASS)       2 $20.00

FLARES 720 FRONT FIBERGLASS FENDER FLARES       1 $20.00

I'm interested in these for sure but Needles is a bit of a drive.  I would be more than willing to pay the shipping if you would be willing to ship.  If not, maybe ill hit you up if I head that direction.  

I know shipping can be a hassle but I'm sure these would sell fast if you were willing to ship

On 6/2/2022 at 8:31 AM, hotrod60 said:

Will look at boxing and shipping costs and let you know.  THX.

Locate a FedEx store near you!  They will box up ANYTHING within reason.  It might be as simple as a buyer pays you for the part & you simply drop it off at FedEx, have the buyer pay them directly!  I sell LOTS of Datsun parts.  When I sell a large bulky part, I ask the buyer to PRE pay for the part (which locks them in to buying), then I spend the time/labor boxing the part up & they pay for shipping.  I do NOT do this on normal parts that I can pack in a normal box, that does not take much time/labor.  If FedEx works for you, then hopefully it's as simple as dropping the part off, once paid for!  NOS parts are killer cool!  Good luck!

• Like 1

We had been in the parts selling business, both point-of-purchase and shipping, for over 40 years, and our experience has shown us that some parts are not conducive to being shipped.

Don made the decision that we will not ship any of the fiberglass parts. When we received them as a unit on a pallet, they were not individually wrapped and we either sold them locally or installed. To now box up any fiberglass parts, whether it is flares, spoiler or sun visor, etc. is time/labor prohibitive. The odd shape of these fiberglass parts would require special boxing requirements, and neither UPS or FEDEX offer standard boxes that would fit without major reworking of the box...been there, done that.

We also have followed your payment plan of having the part prepaid, and the shipping paid by the customer, but if we have product that is not pre-boxed or doesn’t fit standard boxing, the price of the merchandise would have to include the amount of time/labor required to box it.

Thanks for your advice, but the time/labor cost doesn’t warrant us to offer close-out prices on the fiberglass pieces and box them up for shipping.

Don Shore

• Like 1

I'm of the same opinion. I absolutely hate taking time to package large or heavy items for sale. Last year a guy asked if I could ship him six factory Land Cruiser fuel tanks, and he would even pay way over asking price, but to put them on a pallet and wait for a trucking company to show up would take so much time that I would never get back.

On the other hand, fiberglass parts can be packaged with bulk cardboard and stiffened up with a simple 2x2 stick of lumber and wrapped with plastic. I bet it wouldn't take you more than 10 minutes per box and $5 or $10 worth of materials. Add that in to the cost and charge a packaging fee of $40. I bet you would still sell them all. Oh, and be sure to explain that all sales are final, no matter how badly the package gets damaged in shipping. Buyer beware.

• Like 1
On 6/3/2022 at 1:48 PM, hotrod60 said:

We had been in the parts selling business, both point-of-purchase and shipping, for over 40 years, and our experience has shown us that some parts are not conducive to being shipped.

Don made the decision that we will not ship any of the fiberglass parts. When we received them as a unit on a pallet, they were not individually wrapped and we either sold them locally or installed. To now box up any fiberglass parts, whether it is flares, spoiler or sun visor, etc. is time/labor prohibitive. The odd shape of these fiberglass parts would require special boxing requirements, and neither UPS or FEDEX offer standard boxes that would fit without major reworking of the box...been there, done that.

We also have followed your payment plan of having the part prepaid, and the shipping paid by the customer, but if we have product that is not pre-boxed or doesn’t fit standard boxing, the price of the merchandise would have to include the amount of time/labor required to box it.

Thanks for your advice, but the time/labor cost doesn’t warrant us to offer close-out prices on the fiberglass pieces and box them up for shipping.

Don Shore

On 6/4/2022 at 10:22 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I'm of the same opinion. I absolutely hate taking time to package large or heavy items for sale. Last year a guy asked if I could ship him six factory Land Cruiser fuel tanks, and he would even pay way over asking price, but to put them on a pallet and wait for a trucking company to show up would take so much time that I would never get back.

On the other hand, fiberglass parts can be packaged with bulk cardboard and stiffened up with a simple 2x2 stick of lumber and wrapped with plastic. I bet it wouldn't take you more than 10 minutes per box and $5 or $10 worth of materials. Add that in to the cost and charge a packaging fee of $40. I bet you would still sell them all. Oh, and be sure to explain that all sales are final, no matter how badly the package gets damaged in shipping. Buyer beware.

I too, agree!!  Example, I won't ship front or rear glass.  I have boxed & shipped MANY big heavy bulky odd shaped parts over the years, but I'm finding recently, that I do not have the time any longer to spend on "custom" boxing, nor do I enjoy it any more!!  When I needed a big box in the past, I would dumpster dive, but many OEM parts are no longer coming in boxes........ie Subaru went "green" a few years ago & stopped delivering parts stock orders in boxes.  Those were GREAT boxes, but now mostly gone!  We get quick rains here in Denver, so any boxes out in dumpsters typically get wet, thus ruined!  Yup, I'm not really interested in selling & SHIPPING big bulky parts..............

Years ago, I palleted & truck freighted a rare Austin Healey front apron/nose............big long hugely bulky but light aluminum panel.  I was so freakin' careful, clear wrapped so the trucking company could SEE it & printed RED signage on all four corners "FRAGILE!!  PLEASE NO STACK NO STEP!!".  Buyer contacts me furious, cuz it was squashed, with a big dirty BOOT PRINT right on top!!  I explained (with pics) that it was shipped perfectly, that the trucking company held ALL RESPONSIBILITY!  Thankfully, I never heard back.  Shame really, cuz was a rare body panel!

14 hours ago, hotrod60 said:

only have left that fits 720:  2 grille guards; 1 brush guard; 6 RH; 2 LH fenders; 2wd stock front bumper; 4WD stock front bumper; aftermarket rear bumper and 1 front spoiler.    

Nice!!  Selling it off to good homes!! 😎

On 6/3/2022 at 12:48 PM, hotrod60 said:

Don Shore

may I suggest checking with the local body shops for boxes. Some body shops will save them if you ask them to. As for shipping some items, maybe ask the local bus terminal if they ship, there cost is a heck lot less then USPS, UPS and FedEx.  

• Like 3
On 6/7/2022 at 10:19 AM, 420n620 said:

may I suggest checking with the local body shops for boxes. Some body shops will save them if you ask them to. As for shipping some items, maybe ask the local bus terminal if they ship, there cost is a heck lot less then USPS, UPS and FedEx.  

When I was in small town Holland Michigan, the Greyhound Depot was 5min from my shop............easy & worked well for big parts!  I'm now in Arvada Colorado, just outside of Denver, and it is almost a 2hr round trip cuz of distance & traffic..........simply out of the question for me here!

• Like 2