front wheel bearings

butter fingers

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a bunch of orphans  that are hard to find bearings for so I go to an industrial bearing house to get the original bearings replaced with a bearing of the same size.  When I rebuilt the La Salle tranny I could not find the shaft roller bearing but did find timken bearings that fit.

If you think about it, the 4x4 has a huge hollow spindle with the drive shaft through the center so the bearing and seal will naturally be much larger.

Bering is used on the '77 and up 620 and all the D21 Hardbodys through 2004 at least

Seal is also used on the 620 but not the Hardbody.

FWIW....

Front outer bearing and inner bearing are still available through Nissan.

Outer: 40215-50W00 at about $76.00 each

Inner: 40210-50W00 at about $85.00 each

The seal (40232-50W01) is NLA

My 710 'growled' and you could hear it while driving, mostly on right hand turns. This was on my Maxima strut swap. I pulled the inner bearing and race from a spare 710 strut and visually couldn't see much difference but wow it was silent.

The right one is grainy looking. Usual cause is water getting in so these should be checked every few years for contamination. I didn't expect much change but was I wrong. Ordered new inner seals to keep out any future water and packed them full of new grease.

TVKySjC.jpg

Use a brass drift to knock the races in and out.

I had my whole brake system done back in November 2020.Everything was replaced,bearings and also the boots.The rotors had 370,000 miles on them.They were in bad shape.The fluid in the master cylinder is still yellow.I didn't want to mess with it cause of it being a 4x4.New pads,new lines,new Calibers,new rear brakes,you name it and it is new. Also replace the brake switch on the pedal along with clutch switch.