Doors must be slammed to latch

Arifaeth

6 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

I think that's what called...

But its the metal crimp ....

Yeah, I've worked with it before, do they make a softer rubber type? Or only the hard rubber type? Also where do I find window seals? The top and side seals for both driver and passenger doors are gone, or did these not have seals?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Arifaeth said:

Yeah, I've worked with it before, do they make a softer rubber type? Or only the hard rubber type? Also where do I find window seals? The top and side seals for both driver and passenger doors are gone, or did these not have seals?

I think your thinking of the window channel felt.... that should be a basic ebay thing... 

Just now, Crashtd420 said:

I think your thinking of the window channel felt.... that should be a basic ebay thing... 

Oh, it's just felt? I'm used to old school American cars, and they just had like 4 tabs built into the channel with rubber in em to keep the window from rattling 😂

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Arifaeth said:

Alright, so as an update, I figured out what was wrong with the doors. The two toothed gear, that semi latches, and fully latches the doors, was only spinning less than half the time. I sprayed the crap out of both of them, and now they work really well.

I was going to suggest a WD40 bath, but figured you already tried that.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I was going to suggest a WD40 bath, but figured you already tried that.

I did try WD-40 and it didn't do anything cuz WD-40 isn't actually a rust breaker it's more a rust preventative but at work we sell some real strong rust penetrant spray that's for breaking down rust and for preventing it as well so I bought a can of that and soaked the crap out of it and it ended up working I'm sure I'm going to have to soak it a couple times in that stuff to really get through all of the rust in it but it works a whole hell of a lot better now

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Arifaeth said:

I did try WD-40 and it didn't do anything cuz WD-40 isn't actually a rust breaker it's more a rust preventative but at work we sell some real strong rust penetrant spray that's for breaking down rust and for preventing it as well so I bought a can of that and soaked the crap out of it and it ended up working I'm sure I'm going to have to soak it a couple times in that stuff to really get through all of the rust in it but it works a whole hell of a lot better now

I believe I read you just got this truck recently and it sat a while.  If you have further plans to do things around the truck I would go around it with your rust penetrant and go to town on all bolts and screws.  That way it can set in there in the heat and work its way in.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bilzbobaggins said:

I believe I read you just got this truck recently and it sat a while.  If you have further plans to do things around the truck I would go around it with your rust penetrant and go to town on all bolts and screws.  That way it can set in there in the heat and work its way in.

Yeah, only thing giving me trouble is the driver side hood latch, it's extremely stiff, and the PO has actually bent the hood, and spilt the side seam of it, I'm gonna have my buddy weld it back straight, and everything, but, I soaked the shit out of it, and am hoping it does it's job, everything else is in really good condition, it's just surface rust causing stiffness. And my penetrant did wonders, that hood hinge is the only thing giving me issues.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Arifaeth said:

Yeah, only thing giving me trouble is the driver side hood latch, it's extremely stiff, and the PO has actually bent the hood, and spilt the side seam of it, I'm gonna have my buddy weld it back straight, and everything, but, I soaked the shit out of it, and am hoping it does it's job, everything else is in really good condition, it's just surface rust causing stiffness. And my penetrant did wonders, that hood hinge is the only thing giving me issues.

Unfortunately that hood issue Is way to common of a problem... 

But they should free up with some cleaning .....

• Like 1