MaddieCycle

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, EDM620 said:

RAM makes some nice hardware for mounting stuff; phones, GPS, etc. You might get lots of vibration if the ashtray is open with the phone in the mount, but looks good!

I quit smoking 25 years ago so I won't have that ashtray open 🤣

Was it a Datsun radio? Only shielding was for the RF produced by the ignition.

How the fuck did we ever get where we were going before these annoying devices???????  99.9999% of the time we were going somewhere known and if not we could get within a few miles and ask directions. For anything else there were road maps and asked directions. If driving, it was expected that you would be out of communication till you got there or got back. 99.99999 of all phone calls are a waste of time and could wait. See if I'm not right the next time it rings. Driving was an accepted risk and sometimes an adventure equal to the vehicle used. The journey was often better than the arrival.

• Like 2
On 10/21/2020 at 7:19 AM, datzenmike said:

Was it a Datsun radio? Only shielding was for the RF produced by the ignition.

How the fuck did we ever get where we were going before these annoying devices???????  99.9999% of the time we were going somewhere known and if not we could get within a few miles and ask directions. For anything else there were road maps and asked directions. If driving, it was expected that you would be out of communication till you got there or got back. 99.99999 of all phone calls are a waste of time and could wait. See if I'm not right the next time it rings. Driving was an accepted risk and sometimes an adventure equal to the vehicle used. The journey was often better than the arrival.

Well this is all true. My phone is my music and audiobook player, I have a young kid and want to stay available for emergencies, etc.... but yes everyone should be required to know how to read an actual map and how to navigate without GPS.  I am glad no one under 30 drives stick, less worry about my truck being stolen 🤣

Edited by MaddieCycle
  • Like 1
On 10/21/2020 at 6:47 AM, canon3383 said:

i came here to be informed, not insulted, I'll just blame you.

Rather than take your bait for a civil war to play itself out on Ratsun, I'll respond to this constructively.  I enjoy the sharing of advice on this board that allows us all keep these things alive and avoid dropping 40k on a new truck that has a big computer screen and other useless gadgets.  I took the time to share what I thought was a pretty cool solution.  Your point about sharing your experience of interference was valid, direct, and to the point.  So was my reply.  You are the one who took it in a personal direction after that.  I am going to withhold any further comments and I hope you get what you need out of this board.

• Like 1