Project Ol Ugly

Beowulf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3c41c8lye5kn2g/FDA5190C-2BBA-4431-A9A5-FEB983CA4E3E.jpeg?dl=0Well my water/media blaster came and got a chance to use it.  Used coal slag and it doesn’t flow to well and is the equivalent to 80 grit.  Too coarse but does work, biggest thing is that the attachment does work and no dust.  Think I’ll try sand tomorrow and see if the results are even better.  So here what I got done and tomorrow I’ll cut out the rust and make a patch panel

me and adding photos don’t get along

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdvr92blhrm4hc8/CBD90AEC-5290-466F-9EA6-D922D8064FE7.jpeg?dl=0

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Right side first coat painted, few small runs that will sand out then another coat.  Little too cold but warmer weather leaving us. Any one looking to paint cheaply Rust-oleum Turbo only colors I’ve found are white or black both gloss. Goes on heavy wide pattern but lays out nice. Never had a rattle can do so well.

11324441-EAE9-4E98-AECE-C64C6459DFAC.jpeg

Edited by Beowulf
  • Like 1
Just now, Beowulf said:

Right side first coat painted, few small runs that will sand out then another coat.  Little too cold but warmer weather leaving us. Any one looking to paint cheaply Rust-oleum Turbo only colors I’ve found are white or black both gloss. Goes on heavy wide pattern but lays out nice. Never had a rattle can do so well.

11324441-EAE9-4E98-AECE-C64C6459DFAC.jpeg

Yes had to paint in the open lol

• 1 month later...

Good start to the project!  I'm not sure patience is anyones strong suit!  lol. I hope you find time soon!

Really sorry about the prostate cancer diagnosis.  I lost my father earlier this year to prostate cancer.    EVERYONE PLEASE STAY UP ON YOUR SCREENINGS! AND PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR PAIN AS YOU GET OLDER - ITS NOT ALWAYS JUST GETTING OLDER!

Very true went from fine last year to stage 4 this year.  So all you guys stay up on things, only sign I had was hard to urinate. Off to MD Anderson cancer center I go.  Be safe guys, happy new year 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, first chemotherapy today, so far so good. No nausea but next few day will tell. Hope to work on small things as I feel like it. thanks for the wishes and prayers.

Having inserts I made tig welded into place want different look on the rear for tail lights and center exhaust. 
Want to build a front spoiler also not sure of look yet. Thinking rally look with large center lights.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

afternoon all.  first week of chemo kicked my butt. first days not so bad but 4,5, and 6 thought I was going to die. moving around some today so thought I'd ask a question.

Has anybody here relocated brake lights to their tailgate?  I have a set of round C4 corvette tail lights and was thinking of using them low in the tailgate. one each side with a smaller round to the inside.  Kind of like the Nissan Skyline had.

Thanks all

6 hours ago, Beowulf said:

afternoon all.  first week of chemo kicked my butt. first days not so bad but 4,5, and 6 thought I was going to die. moving around some today so thought I'd ask a question.

Has anybody here relocated brake lights to their tailgate?  I have a set of round C4 corvette tail lights and was thinking of using them low in the tailgate. one each side with a smaller round to the inside.  Kind of like the Nissan Skyline had.

Thanks all

Wow man sorry to hear about the health, I pray for you and a speedy recovery.

Now as for your idea please don't do it. Its your truck yes, do it if you feel good about it,  How ever the idea would be is turn the bottom section below the bed as a roll pan and run vett lights there. It would be much cleaner and for if if future sell of truck, easier to convert back to stock.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, worked some on the truck between chemo. Made some patches for the rusted doglegs on the front fenders and filler panels for the taillight housings. Good friend welded them up for me.  Decided on led lights for a change, small and simple.  Be glad when it warms up so I can get back on it.  Chemo takes so much energy out of you, can’t deal with the cold.

• 1 month later...

Getting work done on fenders a little at a time.  Hope to paint soon as patch panels are worked in and most dents gone as best I can lol.

anybody ever back mounted the front side marker lights so a little more flush?

CE64FC9C-96C0-4E19-8496-81231BF7D79E.jpeg

Edited by Beowulf
Content
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Beowulf said:

anybody ever back mounted the front side marker lights so a little more flush?

Yes, it is very easy, you just need longer bolts. The front and rear lengths are different or something was different, it was a long time ago. 

• 4 weeks later...

Fender and taillight mounts first coat done. Hope to finish other fender tomorrow as I had a weird paint reaction.  Second coat caused a wrinkled paint in areas and had to sand it all out 🤬.  Slowly making progress.7F77F3F6-1EBA-4432-8B85-01514435B089.thumb.jpeg.e43bc24a837e57a316802809ebc252cb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Need help. Cannot get the door lock to work. Both inside and out work the latch but the lock rod will not engage.  Rod won’t go up or down to engage door lock even when disconnected from key cylinder.

on a good note got the interior panels covered

Thanks in advance

90E02D1D-1C33-4F86-BA28-7788F2567FA6.jpeg

Edited by Beowulf
  • 3 weeks later...

Working on interior now.  Pulled dash to repair and paint. Didn’t want a brown dash with a blue interior. Repaired the cracks, sprayed it first with Bond Aid surface prep, then bed liner.  I like the look.  Now what todo with the ugly gauge cluster face?A3BF5F80-20F3-44DB-9305-2C5FE11F80C0.thumb.jpeg.3be362f89d2ffaa431fc5264c01d57c9.jpeg

• Like 2