19 hours ago, john510 said:

He needs to fact check himself before posting. Trump never tried to kill off NATO. Where he comes up with this stuff is beyond me. He did hold NATO accountable for everybody involved to pay their fair share. Something Presidents before him should have done. It worked, they ponied up.

Yeah, I fact checked myself and none of my posts said Trump tried to kill off NATO. Where you comes up with this stuff is beyond me.

[With humble regret, what I should have said] Yeah, I fact checked myself and none of my posts [were on pointsaid Trump tried to kill off NATO. [Here's] Where [I admityou comes up with [I didn't understand] this stuff is [was] beyond me.

So rest assured, I'll still defend my opinion like an asshole, but with a fuck up like this, I'll man up with respect and try to right the wrong.

Edited by paradime
I blame it on the gin, but any more egg on my face I can make us a Spam omelet
  • Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, paradime said:

Yeah, I fact checked myself and none of my posts said Trump tried to kill off NATO. Where you comes up with this stuff is beyond me.

I wasn't even referring to anything you posted dumbass. Go back and read slower, maybe twice. Why do you keep copying what I type like a 10 year old little girl ? Check Traitors post on NATO that SOMEBODY else quoted. 

Edited by john510
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, john510 said:

I wasn't even referring to anything you posted dumbass. Go back and read slower, maybe twice. Why do you keep copying what I type like a 10 year old little girl ? Check Traitors post on NATO that SOMEBODY else quoted. 

Then who the F were you referring to with "He needs to fact check himself before posting"? Stop pinning your shit on me John, I don't take responsibility for ANYONE'S posts but mine dumbass.  I'll stop copying your 10 year old little girl shit as soon as you go back and read my posts slower, maybe twice so you understand them before making a fool of yourself.

Sorry John, my mistake, and I won the egg on my face.

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Per Bolton, Trump did almost leave NATO.  That action alone would not have ended NATO.  But losing the largest defense ally in the pact would be a massive invitation for anyone who was deterred based on that strength.  He also said he would welcome enemies to attack member states who don’t pay up.  NATO members have no financial obligation, so it once again appears to be Trumps justification, and not his reason.  In the face of Ukraines consideration of joining NATO, and Russias departure from NATO, the t’s cross themselves.  The implication is wild though.   We’d be without an alliance, or we’d be switching teams.  If Trump wins, do you guys think he would try to leave again?  Or not.  And if yes, would you see us aligning with other nations defensively?   

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, john510 said:

Maybe Paradime has my posts on ignore?   

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, tr8er said:

Per Bolton, Trump did almost leave NATO.  That action alone would not have ended NATO.  But losing the largest defense ally in the pact would be a massive invitation for anyone who was deterred based on that strength.  He also said he would welcome enemies to attack member states who don’t pay up.  NATO members have no financial obligation, so it once again appears to be Trumps justification, and not his reason.  In the face of Ukraines consideration of joining NATO, and Russias departure from NATO, the t’s cross themselves.  The implication is wild though.   We’d be without an alliance, or we’d be switching teams.  If Trump wins, do you guys think he would try to leave again?  Or not.  And if yes, would you see us aligning with other nations defensively?   

Putin is desperate and intel and the latest weapons being stopped to Ukraine would be to his gain. He can control 47 so that's a way to go. Putin would have to offer Trump something he wants. What carrot can he use?

• Haha 1

Russia’s Satan 2 missile suffers ‘catastrophic failure’ during test, images show

A huge crater has appeared at launch silo of the Sarmat, an ICBM designed to deliver nuclear warheads to targets as far as the US or Europe

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/russia-central-asia/article/3279828/russias-satan-2-missile-suffers-catastrophic-failure-during-test-images-show

With all Putin's sward rattling making threats of nuclear retaliation if Ukraine attacks them with our weapons, he's having a serious credibility crisis. This makes the 4th failed launch of their over hyped "hypersonic" modernization for the 50yr old missiles rotting in their silos. Systemic apathy in their military ranks has led to soft sabotage of vital equipment, and embezzlement of any valuable materials. 

Saw this. At least it isn't China with missiles fueled with water. The Titan missile had teething problems also and with spectacular results. Nuclear weapons are only good against large groups such as cities and large installations. Armies are too spread out for that. I can't see them using them on Russian, actual Russian soil, so it's only good for a threat against Ukraine. I also can't see it used on a country it wants to invade and 'manage'. Like setting fire to a car you want to steal. There is also the unknown capability of Ukraine/US detection and defense abilities against them. Use of nukes is suicide. The rest of the world would be galvanized against him. No one could live in a world where one man can nuke another country and think he could get away with it.  

• Like 3
On 9/22/2024 at 8:03 PM, datzenmike said:

Spell check? Isn't that done by your own computer at your end???

Mike, I'm not a technerd but I believe you're correct; I wasn't implying that Ratsun was spell-checking. It was directed at anyone who read it, not you. I'm an old codger but, seems to me that the populace, in general, are becoming too dependent on techie gadgets. A good portion of that is good but people get lazy and abandon too many of their own natural abilities to make things easier, save time, 'keep up with the Joneses', or the Hell ever. Sure won't catch me talking to any of my devices or the wifey's car and they're all neutered so they won't talk to me. Sure, ya can't go through life rejecting technological advancement, but a bit of selectivity goes a long way. For me it's 'A Question of Balance' (Moody Blues helped guide me through some pretty turbulent times in the late 60's and early 70's). 

I help with the conducting of a little local coin show by creating dealer sign-up document, advertising flyers, reminder post-cards, etc. There's a periodic drawing for door prizes throughout the day in which the entrants fill out a little ballot-slip and drop it in a box for the drawing. The slip just has lines for name and mailing address and we use them to send out postcards a couple of weeks prior to the show to stick on the fridge as a reminder of the show. It's disheartening to me at how many of the slips that I have to just shit-can because I can't read the writing. People, a larger portion than one would guess, just can't write in cursive enough to communicate any more. Everybody is so used to pushing buttons, touching screens, and talking to devices, I guess.

End of rant, as I said, I'm an old codger. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, difrangia said:

Mike, I'm not a technerd but I believe you're correct; I wasn't implying that Ratsun was spell-checking. It was directed at anyone who read it, not you. I'm an old codger but, seems to me that the populace, in general, are becoming too dependent on techie gadgets. A good portion of that is good but people get lazy and abandon too many of their own natural abilities to make things easier, save time, 'keep up with the Joneses', or the Hell ever. Sure won't catch me talking to any of my devices or the wifey's car and they're all neutered so they won't talk to me. Sure, ya can't go through life rejecting technological advancement, but a bit of selectivity goes a long way. For me it's 'A Question of Balance' (Moody Blues helped guide me through some pretty turbulent times in the late 60's and early 70's). 

I help with the conducting of a little local coin show by creating dealer sign-up document, advertising flyers, reminder post-cards, etc. There's a periodic drawing for door prizes throughout the day in which the entrants fill out a little ballot-slip and drop it in a box for the drawing. The slip just has lines for name and mailing address and we use them to send out postcards a couple of weeks prior to the show to stick on the fridge as a reminder of the show. It's disheartening to me at how many of the slips that I have to just shit-can because I can't read the writing. People, a larger portion than one would guess, just can't write in cursive enough to communicate any more. Everybody is so used to pushing buttons, touching screens, and talking to devices, I guess.

Mike, where do we mail our letters for posting?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
15 hours ago, tr8er said:

There’s a speck of trolling with that one I’ll admit.  But I do see Putins influence in much of Trumps actions in office.  Weather it is fed to him from his cabinet or not, his actions often were benefitting Putins interests.  But since most in here think it’s bat shit crazy to think Trump is helping Russia I said that in jest.  

Fair nuff. When I was a young soldier in the late 1980s/early 90s I was amazed at the speed with which the US Army conducted their blitzkriegs - Panama, Desert Storm. An older NCO told me the rapid pace of the campaigns was necessary because after 20 years in Vietnam the American public no longer had a stomach for extended, pointless far flung conflicts thaf did little more than enrich the military industrial complex and fill body bags. That is where we are right now after two decades in the Middle East and an exit from that theater that mimics the local stray dog being stung on the nut sack by a hornet! Ladies and gentlemen the domino theory was a lie in 1958 and it's a damned lie in 2024! Y'all gonna make quote frickng Obama! "The 1980s called! They want their foreign policy back!". Noooooo! Russia is not intent on global domination but damned if the US isn't going full General Ripper! When the USA threatened India just because they continued trade with Russia the entire world saw America for the irrational bully it is regarding Russia Russia Russia!

Edited by a.d._510_n_ok
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, difrangia said:

I respect your choice to keep your devices at a safe distance, and share your lament for the skills we've lost to dependance on "modern  conveniences". Since the industrial revolution, we've celebrated technological advancements as progress, and ignored the cost of what consumer dependance has done to transform and weaken human society. I'm not ignoring the many benefits, but greater productivity is surely a double edged sward. Losing my vision has made me increasingly dependent on technology to function, and I'm thankful for every bit of it. On a human level, going blind has restored my faith in the overwhelming kindness, compassion, and generosity that still exists in humanity. As vulnerable as this has made me I've had every day people, complete strangers from all walks of life, go out of their way to help me when in need. For that silver lining, I'm humbled, and eternally grateful for helping me see what I was blind to. In this F'ed up world the media machine leads us to believe our fellow man is evil so we become dependent on their system, and ignore there is FAR more goodness than meets the eye.

End of rant, as I said, I still remain an optimistic old codger with a bat, but I won't sell my guns just incase. LOL

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

Fair nuff. When I was a young soldier in the late 1980s/early 90s I was amazed at the speed with which the US Army conducted their blitzkriegs - Panama, Desert Storm. An older NCO told me the rapid pace of the campaigns was necessary because after 20 years in Vietnam the American public no longer had a stomach for extended, pointless far flung conflicts thaf did little more than enrich the military industrial complex and fill body bags. That is where we are right now after two decades in the Middle East and an exit from that theater that mimics the local stray dog being stung on the nut sack by a hornet! Ladies and gentlemen the domino theory was a lie in 1958 and it's a damned lie in 2024! Y'all gonna make quote frickng Obama! "The 1980s called! They want their foreign policy back!". Noooooo! Russia is not intent on global domination but damned if the US isn't going full General Ripper! When the USA threatened India just because they continued trade with Russia the entire world saw America for the irrational bully it is regarding Russia Russia Russia!

If you give Putin an inch he will try to dominate the west somehow. Christ he's got his puppet already selected in Donald Chump. He's already illegally annexed land from a sovereign country and then attacked it and invaded it. What more do you need to know? Domino Theory is alive and well in eastern Europe. Fuck Putin. If there is going to be a global bully then I want that bully to be an American bully.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Saw this. At least it isn't China with missiles fueled with water. The Titan missile had teething problems also and with spectacular results. Nuclear weapons are only good against large groups such as cities and large installations. Armies are too spread out for that. I can't see them using them on Russian, actual Russian soil, so it's only good for a threat against Ukraine. I also can't see it used on a country it wants to invade and 'manage'. Like setting fire to a car you want to steal. There is also the unknown capability of Ukraine/US detection and defense abilities against them. Use of nukes is suicide. The rest of the world would be galvanized against him. No one could live in a world where one man can nuke another country and think he could get away with it.  

Agreed, but the Titan program's first test flight was in 1959, and the US retired them more than 50 years ago. Back in the 80s we already had the same hypersonic glide maneuvering missiles Russia is just now trying to emulate. After Reagan spent the USSR out of existence, I think the issue is Russia hasn't maintained pace with the West in terms of technological advancements and development of cutting edge materials. Putin sees what we're doing here, but his fake it till we make it strategy isn't fooling anyone but Putin. The Russian people have seen how ineffective his military leadership is. He's a smart guy with his back against the wall, and he's become dangerous to the oligarchs he relies on to stay in power. He knows his war is a lost cause, and it's only a matter of time before he's spent out of existence. No amount of BS or bluffing will save his ass, but it will bury him quite effectively.

Edited by paradime

Echoing what I've read, some interesting points from this guy on BBC Time Radio. When you think of it, the Brits have never backed down from a fight, and this is no exception. They've proven their metal against aggressors time and time again with a legendary unflappable set of balls. 

• Thanks 1

NOT 20,000 tons of TNT. 20,000 tons of ammonium nitrate exploding under perfect conditions is only 40% that of TNT energy release. So realistically only about 8,000 tons of TNT or just about 7 1/4 Beirut explosions or roughly 0.4 the equivalent of the Hiroshima atomic bomb. The atomic bomb broke window at 40,000 feet or 7 1/2 miles and most of the damage was withing several miles. The atomic bomb also exploded overhead for maximum effect.  8,000 tons of TNT at sea level would be much less spectacular. Probably you would be safe from direct blast effects at over 5 miles, but this is approximately 40 miles from the nearest coast of the UK and 'over the horizon'. The good news is the water is shallow at about 40 meters there so the resulting wave won't be maximized. Could be a problem where it reaches shore. Waves are very efficient but they weaken over distance and grow taller as they reach shallow areas.

All relative depending on the composition of accelerants, such as 80% in dynamite. Guy in the vid measured it against "conventional explosives", not TNT. Comparing ammonium nitrate to trinitrotoluene is apples to oranges.  One is the main component in a poly-organic compound explosive, and the other is the most unstable, volatile, and dangerous chemical compound explosive there is. Far from conventional when it will detonate if touched, moved, mixed in solution, exposed to bright light, or even left in the open in a bark room. C4 releases more energy by weight, but 100X more expensive than ammonium nitrate. Don't think Putin could afford that one.