It was a high of a 115 degrees yesterday. It's 108 degrees right now and it's going to be a high of 109. So I'm gonna take advantage of the beautiful weather and take the 720 out 😆. Be back in a bit.

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, john510 said:

I'm confused, you're saying Trump had the FBI investigate Hillary before he was even elected ? How did he do that considering he had NO authority as a candidate ? 

Under different context, I'm guessing you would credit him with this as an achievement.  Trump does many things without awarded authority.  To his credit.  It is entirely possible that he himself wasn't masterminding any of it, but there is zero doubt that his campaign officially or unofficially did.  Again, I was cheering on the investigation when it was announced.  But he was on record suggesting the investigation be dropped as soon as the election ended.  This is because the FBI was weaponized to interfere in the election.  And it worked.  

• Confused 1
14 minutes ago, IZRL said:

It was a high of a 115 degrees yesterday. It's 108 degrees right now and it's going to be a high of 109. So I'm gonna take advantage of the beautiful weather and take the 720 out 😆. Be back in a bit.

Love that dry heat!  Enjoy.  I'm sweating balls in my 80 degree 70% humidity.  

I gotta say, I was hoping Harris wouldn't be the pick to run against Trump.  But after seeing the absolute lions share of anti Harris sentiment revolving around how she sucks dick, or has multiple ethnicities has me floored.  It almost looks like the liberals are writing conservative attacks as they are in such bad taste with lack of relevance making the right look like shit.  She's being considered for the presidency of the USA.  I'd suggest finding actual reasons she shouldn't be considered for the job.  I'd like to see them in earnest.  Her being female, Black/Jamaican, Indian etc. will not earn nor deter my vote.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, tr8er said:

Under different context, I'm guessing you would credit him with this as an achievement.  Trump does many things without awarded authority.  To his credit.  It is entirely possible that he himself wasn't masterminding any of it, but there is zero doubt that his campaign officially or unofficially did.  Again, I was cheering on the investigation when it was announced.  But he was on record suggesting the investigation be dropped as soon as the election ended.  This is because the FBI was weaponized to interfere in the election.  And it worked.  

Ok so Trump didn't weaponize the FBI at all did he ? from what I remember Clinton was being investigated long before Trump came along. Trey Gowdy was involved with that. The FBI wasn't. The FBI wasn't investigating anything to influence an election. Obama was their boss at the time. The same Obama that was eventually caught spying on the Trump campaign. One of Trump's wilder claims that even I didn't believe at the time. Turns out it was true. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, gh0stwerx76 said:

I like you Ooph!, I respect your critically thought out positions. MSM shares your perspective on this rating are ratings right? . I dont want this shit when I come here, Ratsun isn't supposed to be about this. there is only 1 ratsun, there are literally countless places to talk about the worlds problems. why the fuck does it need to be here is all im saying. Mike keeps it alive for HIS entertainment, I have it on good account he isn't very popular outside of this forum because he runs this site like it's his not the communities. Politics is just another divisive nail in the hobby coffin. people come here that are new to the hobby, see this blight on the site and often think fuck this and the interest dies as quickly as its born in many cases. Ive physically heard it.

young people arent savvy to forum structure and because this subject is so active it stays right at the top. maybe at least move it off the first page or something so those interested can still get to it but its not the first shit they see on an initial exploration of our forum.

This thread is really a containment thread for the rest of Ratsun. It is allowed because otherwise the politics oozes out into the other threads instead. It was deemed to be better to have ONE thread that all the crap could be in and if you weren't interested... well you could just NOT READ OR INTERACT WITH THE DAMN THREAD.

Me personally? I'm just here to shitpost.

362912866_2132585766945002_2968219123189783143_n.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, tr8er said:

I gotta say, I was hoping Harris wouldn't be the pick to run against Trump.  But after seeing the absolute lions share of anti Harris sentiment revolving around how she sucks dick, or has multiple ethnicities has me floored.  It almost looks like the liberals are writing conservative attacks as they are in such bad taste with lack of relevance making the right look like shit.  She's being considered for the presidency of the USA.  I'd suggest finding actual reasons she shouldn't be considered for the job.  I'd like to see them in earnest.  Her being female, Black/Jamaican, Indian etc. will not earn nor deter my vote.    

Reasons she shouldn't be President ? First of all she's as dumb as a rock. Research her history in California and her behavior as a DA. She was in charge of the border. A complete failure at it. Ever hear her answer a tough question ? she can't. And her creating "Go Fund Me" type sites to get criminals bailed out of jail really shows she doesn't care about the good people in this country. She's pandering to votes from minorities and criminals. I really don't care what color she is. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, gh0stwerx76 said:

I like you Ooph!, I respect your critically thought out positions. MSM shares your perspective on this rating are ratings right? . I dont want this shit when I come here, Ratsun isn't supposed to be about this. there is only 1 ratsun, there are literally countless places to talk about the worlds problems. why the fuck does it need to be here is all im saying. Mike keeps it alive for HIS entertainment, I have it on good account he isn't very popular outside of this forum because he runs this site like it's his not the communities. Politics is just another divisive nail in the hobby coffin. people come here that are new to the hobby, see this blight on the site and often think fuck this and the interest dies as quickly as its born in many cases. Ive physically heard it.

young people arent savvy to forum structure and because this subject is so active it stays right at the top. maybe at least move it off the first page or something so those interested can still get to it but its not the first shit they see on an initial exploration of our forum.

Stop bitching. Jesus titty fucking Christ! If you don't like it, just don't fucking look at it! How hard is that? Don't you, or can't you, override your impulse control and move on to something else like 510 or 620? I don't care for airplanes or motorcycles much but this is the first time I have mentioned it. I rarely open posts on them and read but I read pretty much every post elsewhere.

In a way it is popularity that keep it up top, and some of these posts are yours! Of the last 30 posts of yours 22 are in Destruction the other 8 are Co-vid. General Discussion (talk about anything) I didn't make this topic up, all I do is herd the cats running around here. Mostly banning scammers that get past the firewall and erasing double posts.  The herding of Destruction might make me unpopular outside the forum??? you mean non members??? well who gives a shit? What do they care about how a forum they have no stake in is managed and run? It doesn't conform to other forums? Again who gives a shit? Or do you mean outside Destruction? well I doubt that but either way it has no effect on my disemination of Datsun information elsewhere or running things so it's my turn to not give a shit about it. If you are member or non member and fragile don't open posts and read them. If you are really interested in Datsuns and come to a premier Datsun site that Ratsun is, and find fault with Destruction for it's content and leave in a huff, then I guess you aren't that keen.

If I was not a mod I would still be posting in Destruction. Someone has to argue and make fun of some of the bizarre positions and 'facts' spewed here. Relax, if we all agreed, Destruction would not exist.

2 hours ago, gh0stwerx76 said:

By the way mike, if you can find your way off this thread at some point there's a transimission post by a new guy still learning the forum architecture in the event section you may want to move....

Thanks, I have to get back in a hurry to catch your reply.

4 hours ago, Ooph! said:

I see both side to the no politics on a car forum thinking, maybe a compromise could be possible to hide the thread so only members that have a certain amount of posts can see it kind of like posting photo's here, maybe some other idea I dunno.

I know there is no revenue and am grateful they run it this way all I was bringing out was the fact that this thread is very popular with some of us. I come here and argue because it seems as if most people posting on the thread seem to also enjoy the back and forth, I honestly believe that it does bring about critical thought, well at least in me.

Regardless of what happens to the political threads, I may not like it but I'll still visit.

Can't see that happening just to satisfy one (or even two) members and newbies. We should be mature enough to identify and ignore subjects we don't approve of not censor them, and make no mistake this is censorship for the many by the few.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
24 minutes ago, john510 said:

Reasons she shouldn't be President ? First of all she's as dumb as a rock. Research her history in California and her behavior as a DA. She was in charge of the border. A complete failure at it. Ever hear her answer a tough question ? she can't. And her creating "Go Fund Me" type sites to get criminals bailed out of jail really shows she doesn't care about the good people in this country. She's pandering to votes from minorities and criminals. I really don't care what color she is. 

She's far from dumb as a rock, but also not harvard cum laude.  The attack on her handling of the border is actually the most effective attack I've seen.  I'd like to see more of that level of relevance.  Pandering to minorities is a silly thing to find bad.  Minorities are people, citizens, votes.  They count and should be represented.  Pandering to criminals?  She was a prosecutor.  Or is this just your way of saying immigrants?  

I'd say the border is a major issue this election and she's certainly going to take cracks for it.  I see why Trump killed the immigration bill.  It would have made Harris look better.  Or are you guys thinking Trump had nothing to do with that bills death as he is not a senator?  

• Confused 1
14 minutes ago, tr8er said:

She's far from dumb as a rock, but also not harvard cum laude.  The attack on her handling of the border is actually the most effective attack I've seen.  I'd like to see more of that level of relevance.  Pandering to minorities is a silly thing to find bad.  Minorities are people, citizens, votes.  They count and should be represented.  Pandering to criminals?  She was a prosecutor.  Or is this just your way of saying immigrants?  

I'd say the border is a major issue this election and she's certainly going to take cracks for it.  I see why Trump killed the immigration bill.  It would have made Harris look better.  Or are you guys thinking Trump had nothing to do with that bills death as he is not a senator?  

Pandering to minorities, aren't we all supposed to be equal ? Nobody should get special treatment over skin color. That's racist isn't it ? Pandering to criminals, do you think a politician should be raising money to get criminals bailed out of jail that vandalized, looted and rioted harming good people ? Destroying businesses and personal property ? Bail them out so they can get back to it. She egged them on ! Immigrants have nothing to do with her behavior except for the border she ignored after being named the "Border Czar"  That border bill did nothing to help the border. Do some research on it before you assume anything. Most of the money was directed at other things and the border was going to get crumbs. It wasn't a "Border Bill" at all. The Republicans knew better than to help pass that bill when all that was really needed was Biden's signature. The same signature he used to unsecure the border. I'll stick with dumb. Listen to her try and answer a tough question. There's a video going around now where somebody asks her about inflation and what it's doing to the average citizen. Her answer is comical but it's not. And her explanation of what Cloud storage is. Passing a bar exam does not make you intelligent.

Edited by john510
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, john510 said:

Pandering to minorities, aren't we all supposed to be equal ? Nobody should get special treatment over skin color. That's racist isn't it ? Pandering to criminals, do you think a politician should be raising money to get criminals bailed out of jail that vandalized, looted and rioted harming good people ? Destroying businesses and personal property ? Bail them out so they can get back to it. She egged them on ! Immigrants have nothing to do with her behavior except for the border she ignored after being named the "Border Czar"  That border bill did nothing to help the border. Do some research on it before you assume anything. Most of the money was directed at other things and the border was going to get crumbs. It wasn't a "Border Bill" at all. The Republicans knew better than to help pass that bill when all that was really needed was Biden's signature. The same signature he used to unsecure the border.

https://www.scribd.com/document/703612653/Emergency-National-Security-Supplemental-Appropriations-Act-2024#from_embed

Here's the bill.  I actually did read much of it.  Title II is where all the border/homeland security stuff is.   It's less than 400 pages.  Maybe 100 pages worth of actual text as it is written on narrow format.  Far less than project 2025 which I also read.  The real story isn't about the border.  This bill was drafted because republicans rejected foreign aid money for Ukraine stating that they wanted border protections in concession.  This bill was drafted to meet that request by ultimately giving them a win on border issues, but it was tied to Ukraine aid.  This had Trump reject the plan from before the details of the bill was even written.  The position of publicly stating that the bill was dead due to the Ukraine aid was a risky stance.  Plus it would largely kill his border issues talking point on the campaign trail.  It was a dual purpose kill for Trump who actually benefits from issues at the border currently.  Smart.  But not country first.  On brand.  IMO, the bill could have been better for border protections, but it was certainly more than we've seen in any bill related to the border, even during Trumps time in office.  He did sign an executive order, but that was ultimately challenged and killed in court.  Aside from the stupid wall, there was some good stuff in his executive order that should have stayed.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
16 minutes ago, tr8er said:

https://www.scribd.com/document/703612653/Emergency-National-Security-Supplemental-Appropriations-Act-2024#from_embed

Here's the bill.  I actually did read much of it.  Title II is where all the border/homeland security stuff is.   It's less than 400 pages.  Maybe 100 pages worth of actual text as it is written on narrow format.  Far less than project 2025 which I also read.  The real story isn't about the border.  This bill was drafted because republicans rejected foreign aid money for Ukraine stating that they wanted border protections in concession.  This bill was drafted to meet that request by ultimately giving them a win on border issues, but it was tied to Ukraine aid.  This had Trump reject the plan from before the details of the bill was even written.  The position of publicly stating that the bill was dead due to the Ukraine aid was a risky stance.  Plus it would largely kill his border issues talking point on the campaign trail.  It was a dual purpose kill for Trump who actually benefits from issues at the border currently.  Smart.  But not country first.  On brand.  IMO, the bill could have been better for border protections, but it was certainly more than we've seen in any bill related to the border, even during Trumps time in office.  He did sign an executive order, but that was ultimately challenged and killed in court.  Aside from the stupid wall, there was some good stuff in his executive order that should have stayed.  

Again, we never needed a border bill. We needed Biden to leave things alone because they WERE working better than anything else in recent history. He undid Trump's border policies with a signature. He didn't get or need Congress to approve of anything. My opinion, the border gets taken care of first and then Ukraine can have the scraps. I'm glad it didn't pass because it would have changed nothing at the border.

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, john510 said:

Again, we never needed a border bill. We needed Biden to leave things alone because they WERE working better than anything else in recent history. He undid Trump's border policies with a signature. He didn't get or need Congress to approve of anything. My opinion, the border gets taken care of first and then Ukraine can have the scraps. I'm glad it didn't pass because it would have changed nothing at the border.

I don't think I disagree with any of that, aside from timeline.  Ukraine should be getting those scraps a year ago.  Much more of them.  There is no larger threat to our nation than Russia currently.  They have been fucking with us for far too long and need to find out. 

But I'd have happily kept much of the Trump border policies.  They (the parts I'd support)  should be enacted through legislation though.  Not executive order.  And as always, I hate having riders on bills.  Especially unrelated party pandering.  

• Like 5
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

an't see that happening just to satisfy one (or even two) members and newbies. We should be mature enough to identify and ignore subjects we don't approve of not censor them, and make no mistake this is censorship for the many by the few.. 

Spock quoted it best...

UDOUZu.gif

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, tr8er said:

I don't think I disagree with any of that, aside from timeline.  Ukraine should be getting those scraps a year ago.  Much more of them.  There is no larger threat to our nation than Russia currently.  They have been fucking with us for far too long and need to find out. 

But I'd have happily kept much of the Trump border policies.  They (the parts I'd support)  should be enacted through legislation though.  Not executive order.  And as always, I hate having riders on bills.  Especially unrelated party pandering.  

60 billion to Ukraine and it's done what ? Putin's still there and doesn't appear to be leaving any time soon. I honestly fear some of my own Government more than Putin. You know we already have border laws. The problem is they are being ignored intentionally. Especially right now. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

To kick Putin in the face FFS!!! Better to rip up Ukraine in a proxy war than do it on your door step. Then the Hermit King next.

Last time I checked Russia had no fucking chance or intention to mess around with the USA. Ukraine is merely a way to launder money and resources for the military industrial complex. Fuck Ukraine and Fuck Russia, the USA should have no business there. I don't give one fuck if Russia takes over Ukraine, it is frankly none of my business.

NO AMERICAN GOLD OR BLOOD FOR FOREIGN SOIL

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, john510 said:

60 billion to Ukraine and it's done what ? 

For starters, none of it comes back if Ukraine is toppled.  Second, it shows that our balls weren't completely chopped off under Trump which is the concern of much of the western world when Trump caressed Putins scrotum on live TV.  Russia is not an ally.  Anyone who thinks that is the same as the guy who gave the school bully his lunch money with the thought they would be friends if they did.  There was a time when unprovoked genocide was met with unbridled force.  When footage from within Ukraine showed the actions of the Russian military on citizens en masse, there should have been a collective response much greater than was given.  I am glad we helped.  I feel like if we helped more from day one, this shit would be over.  Trump would have given Ukraine to Putin.  Straight up.  Just like he gave Afghanistan to the Taliban with no conditions.  He says he's strong but if he's not willing to stand up for anything, what good is it?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

He is a worthy adversary.  And, I want to elaborate that I blame Obama largely for not resisting Russia's invasion of Ukraine in 2014.  It all started before then, but that was the real breaking point in my mind.  Everything after that was an extension of that invasion.  

• Like 1

Yup, said so at the time but no one was listening.  Annexing part of another country? and no one does shit? Hitler did the same with the Austria in March '38. Emboldened that no one did anything about it in October of the same year he annexed the Sudetenland. Next year in March Czechoslovakia, Lithuania, city of Danzig....  Appeasement does not work.

• Like 1
On 8/4/2024 at 10:09 PM, datzenmike said:

Of course they weren't clean, they're in politics. It's therefor a given that Trump wasn't/isn't clean. He's just not as smart as they were. Why didn't he just make the payoff to Cohen with his personal fortune??? No he did it on the books and left a trail.

The double standard is mind-blowing with the woke. And it's not just this, everything these woke people believe is treated as "Do what I say, not what I do". The scary part is that they don't seem to realize that they're doing this.

Edited by IZRL
  • Haha 1